Thread: Help! How to Update Firmware for Fusion Modules

Regular Vistor

Question Help! How to Update Firmware for Fusion Modules

Hi all,

I am new to Neptune and all this.... just setting up my new Apex EL for the first time. I have it working for lights and the energy bar and the like, but I can't get the DOS and ATO kit to work.

Fusion recognizes they are plugged in and when I go to the "Tasks" menu to setup those systems, I am told to update the firmware for both the DOS and FMM. The thing is.... how? The actual firmware of the unit is up to date, and I have clicked around in the app and browser based versions of Neptune Apex to no avail. Google hasn't helped either.

How do I make these modules software update so I can proceed with install?

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 6.06.09 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 6.06.25 PM.png

While on the Module List, click on the line for a module. On the screen displayed, in the Action field, choose Update Software, then click the orange cloud button.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Russ- you are a hero. Can’t believe it was so easy, and yet I couldn’t find it. Thanks a bunch.

Next question... any idea why the Apex doesn’t see the breakout box connected to the I/O port? I don’t see the switch display at all, and I have several float switches in there (I am confident they are correctly wired)

The BoB is not a module - it is a passive device which simply provides a connection between the I/O port and your switches - it is just wiring and connectors. It does not appear in any Apex user interface.

Tiles for switch inputs are hidden from the APEX Fusion and APEX Local dashboards by default. You'll find them in the hidden tile area - click the padlock icon to open that up and then you can drag the desired inputs out to your dashboard. After you have a switch tile on your dashboard, click the gear icon on the tile to rename that switch input to something more meaningful than "SW#"
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Once again, you have been a huge help. Thank you again... never would have found that.