Thread: help!! need to delete an output somehow

New User

help!! need to delete an output somehow

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area but I've tried searching and haven't found what I'm looking for.

short story...

got my new apex Friday, set up first time on Saturday. initially got set up. then had issues with networking. thought I fixed it lol. tried to add AI hydra hd to apex and got to link but hydra started to act up and constantly turn on and off, not over heating tho. started to have network issues again, factory reset and tried connecting to network but failing over and over again. unplugged everything and reset hydra hd and worked fine.

today after work I decided to give the new apex another try and low and behold everything worked the way it should. just booted up, connected to network and left it alone for a while. no probes or anything on the power bar. I just had other things to do at the time. then noticed my hydra turning on and off again, hadn't tried to reconnect it to apex yet.

I noticed on the output page in fusion that there is an output for the hydra type says "UNK" I don't know what that means. there is also a slider tile for the hydra on my dashboard too. I can unlock the tiles and "hide" hydra tile but it doesn't stop the light from turning on and off. switching the tile from on to off or auto doesn't change anything either. it is not listed on the modules page and clicking the hydra output on the output page won't load. I'm not able to delete the output on the output page. I'm not sure what I can do but I'm pretty sure this has something to do with my light not working right, since when I unplugged the apex yesterday it then worked fine. thank you for your help, apex newbie so I apologize.
    Tim

I haven't played around with hydras, but I would assume UNK means unknown.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    makes sense lol... so is there a way to manually delete the output?

Frequent Visitor
    somehow you connected your Hydra lights to Apex Fusion. If your lights are still running a Schedule in myAI your lights will flicker as each application fights over who gets to control them. To fix this you can either:
    a) go into your Module page in Apex, find the Light module (named IOTA_#, or perhaps UNK in your case) and delete it, or
    b) go into your myAI app for your lights and switch the lights to Manual, this will stop the lights from flashing but you'll need to control it through Apex.

If you stick with Apex you can download a scheme for your lights from the Public schemes available for your specific light.

Hope this helps!

Frequent Visitor
    Addendum to the above:
    If you decide to delete them:
    1. Click the Gear Icon at the top of your Apex Fusion dashboard, this opens up all your configuration icons.
    2. Select the Module Icon (I think it looks like a speech bubble, but if you move over each icon the name will pop up.)
    3. Select the Module that represents your AI lights. This is likely listed as IOTA.
    4. On the left box there is a pull down menu that defaults as "Rename" click it and select Delete.
    5. Select the Cloud icon with the Arrow pointing up in the top right corner of the dashboard to upload your changes.

That's it!

New User
    its not listed on the modules page, won't find the light when I open the iota page also

Frequent Visitor
    Try re-discovering the light on the Modules page and add it back in, then follow the steps outlined above.

Sorry, misread that you can't seem to discover the lights in the Modules page. Just to confirm, when you reset your light, did you connect it to the same network and band (2.4GHz) as Apex? If you didn't this might be why Apex cannot find your light.

Try either changing the Light Setting in myAI to "Manual" to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, try:
    1. Save the myAI light schedule so you have a copy.
    2. Reset your light to Factory Default
    3. Add your light to myAI following the steps required to do this.
    4. Connect your light to the same WiFi network and 2.4GHz band as your Apex.
    5. Try to add the module back in Apex.

If none of this works, I'd call in a ticket. Sorry for the frustration! I promise Apex is AWESOME and the AI Hydra HD integration is also fantastic! It just takes some time to figure it all out.
    Last edited by Hoefje77; 08-20-2018 at 19:55. Reason: Adding information.

New User
    thanks!! I'll try that for sure. I really appreciate the help. I know this is a good product but its been a little frustrating so far.

Frequent Visitor
    Totally understand! I had to factory reset Apex 4 times in 3 weeks and was ready to toss it out the window. Then realized it was my WiFi network causing the issues. Set up a new mesh network with Linksys Velop and have had no issues since. It's a great platform and once you have it all set up you'll be expanding on it as it really makes your life so much easier!

New User
    well this isn't working lol. the apex won't find the hydra light. I think I had a wired connection to the router from the apex when I found the light the last time, but thats when all the problems started so I'm kinda scared to do that then be back at square one lol. I'll open up a ticket with support to see if those outputs can be deleted or see what is going on. thank you for the help. I really am liking the apex so far though, seeing the monitoring and controllability is awesome. not to just get everything working the way I want it to.