Thread: Temp probe will not calibrate

Regular Vistor

Temp probe will not calibrate

I have latest 2016 Apex got three ago all firmware up to date on everything and see my temp probe is not to temp. So went to setup and step by step to adjust what the temp is said ok updated. Now go back to Fusion shows old reading go to local shows old reading.
    So did calibrate temp in local updated go back to dashboards local and Fusion shows old reading.
    So what am I doing wrong?

Frequent Visitor
    Hello,

I had the same problem with an probe temp connected to PM1, not to APEX but it's something you can try. It's a simple test that will not take you long.

Just redirect the wire of the probe temp. It may be suffering for parasitic noise from other power cords.

All the best,
    Rui

Regular Vistor
    Support I was talking to said rebooting system that worked.
    Thank you for replying

New User
    I just purchased the new Apex to replace my Classic. I plugged in my Temp Probe and it showed a temp of 20.1 It never adjusted to the proper tank temp. I then calibrated it via Fusion and also through the Display Unit to the correct temp. However
    each time that it was calibrated the temp never updated and stayed at 20.1 I then attached the old Temp probe from my classic and that adjusted right away to the correct temp. I did restart and everything with the New Temp probe when i calibrated. Any idea whats going on. The temp is set to F and NOT C. Any Advice would help.

Quote Originally Posted by rveal23 View Post
    I just purchased the new Apex to replace my Classic. I plugged in my Temp Probe and it showed a temp of 20.1 It never adjusted to the proper tank temp. I then calibrated it via Fusion and also through the Display Unit to the correct temp. However
    each time that it was calibrated the temp never updated and stayed at 20.1 I then attached the old Temp probe from my classic and that adjusted right away to the correct temp. I did restart and everything with the New Temp probe when i calibrated. Any idea whats going on. The temp is set to F and NOT C. Any Advice would help.
    A reading near 20F is not a calibration issue. It means the probe isn't plugged in all the way or in rare cases it means either the probe itself failed or there is an internal hardware issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A reading of 20F usually indicates that the probe is not connected. Less likely is that the temperature probe is damaged or defective.

Ensure that it is fully seated in the proper jack - there should be a noticeable click when the locking tab engages.

Calibration of any probe is a fine-tuning process. Calibration cannot adjust for gross errors. Never try to calibrate when the reading is so far off.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Unfortunately, I must have just got the defective one. I have tried all sorts of adjustments, of course all of this happens days before a vacation. Lucky for me I have my old temp Probe.
    Working with Neptune to figure out a replacement I hope!

New User
    Did you ever resolve this? I just bought an Apex controller and the setup has been a NIGHTMARE...nobody said the holes were different sizes on the magnetic stand...the wifi keeps dropping...and now i plugged in my temperature probe and dashboard is still showing 20.6.....the default

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by FishOrMen View Post
    Did you ever resolve this? I just bought an Apex controller and the setup has been a NIGHTMARE...nobody said the holes were different sizes on the magnetic stand...the wifi keeps dropping...and now i plugged in my temperature probe and dashboard is still showing 20.6.....the default
    Hey, no this never got resolved unfortunately. I went on vacation when this happened and when I returned I just let it go and kept my old temp gauge connected.