Thread: ATO. Do I use it correctly ?

New User

ATO. Do I use it correctly ?

Hi all.

I’ve been using the Apex ato for a couple of months now.

My overall impression is that it’s a greate gadget for the apex system. I haven’t had any issues yet....

Now I’m wondering if I use all of its potentiale?

Im a greate fan of the apex system, but wondering ‘bout the ato and if it has features I don’t use.

So, my question is if it’s possible to let the apex, or me figure out when the ato bucket is near to empty? I don’t want the ato pump to run dry, so was wondering if the ato have some sort of intelligence, or if I have to do all the “hard work”/ maths myself?

I can, of course see on the “graf” when the pump is running, so do I have to measure how much water the pump deliver pr minute, and then count how many times the pump run for ex 24 hours? (Btw it doesn’t run a full minute, it’s typically running for, let’s say 20-30 seconds)Then I’ll get some sort of guideline for, how many days my RO container last?

why Dident apex make some sort of algorithm for this? I thought is was some kind of semi intelligent.......

Anyone have a tip or two for me?
    thank you, from a newbie in Denmark....

New User
    0F5B0139-F022-4735-9452-E2EA80DA76B8.jpgI have a screenshot for the ato running time, for the last 24 hours here.....

Frequent Visitor
    Hello,

You don't specify if you are using the ATK or a simple BoB with a couple of float level sensors attached.

Anyway ... due to the "intelligence" word in your description I believe you are talking about the ATK and that intelligence is to be able to calculate the max amount time the PMUP can run without running the pump dry or without overflowing. But it works if not connected to APEX. If connected to APEX you specify the max amount of time you want the pump to run before taking the outlet to off. It calculates the average time it takes to top off and adjust accordingly.

Now in any of the cases, working alone or connected to the APEX you can plug an optical sensor in port #3 of the ATK FMM and use it as a low level switch into your RO/DI reservoir. You even have a task to help and guide you thru the install and config.

If on contrary you are using a BoB it's the same. Just add a level sensor to the RO/DI reservoir and configure the pump outlet for IF <low_h2o> OPEN/CLOSED then OFF.

In both cases you can then use a "IF <low_h2o> OPEN/CLOSED then ON" in your email outlet to get warning on when you need to top off your reservoir.

Hope this helps.
    Rui

New User
    Thanks Rui. Of cause I use the ATK... He sorry I dident precise that.

I did use the wizard to set it up and I did specify the max running time for the PMUP.

I don’t see anywhere that the FFM module calculates the average running time. For what reason, and what does it adjust? The pressure on the pmup, the max running time or???

I saw in another tread that it’s smart to put a optical sensor in the RO chamber and then get a warning that way around.

Thank you you so much for answering.
    Charlie

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie denmark View Post
    Thanks Rui. Of cause I use the ATK... He sorry I dident precised that.
    No problem ... it was implied.

I did did use the wizard to set it up and I did specify the max running time for the PMUP.
    Perfect

I don’t see anywhere they it calculates the average running time, and what does it adjust? The pressure on the pmup, the running time or???
    It only does that when not connected to the APEX. In Stand alone mode

I did see in another tread that it’s smart to put a sensor in the to chamber and then get a warning that way around.
    That is what I am talking about. Just buy a optical sensor, put it in the reservoir and configure the task. Easy pizzi ...

Thank you you so much for answering.
    Your welcome!

All the best,
    Rui

Frequent Visitor
    You can put a flow sensor on the ATO line, but due to the short run time, the Apex will not show the flow right away, so there will be a delay, plus the min logging time is 1 minute, so it will give you a flow number for a minute in time if it is only on for 20-30 seconds that is not very accurate. Yes, I tried this and really all it is good for is seeing that there is flow at the same time the ATK is on and ensuring there is not flow when it is off (pipe siphoning, but is stopped by the anti siphon connector anyway). So I don't recommend doing this as there is very little benefit.

What I do recommend however is putting an optical sensor in the RO res to tell the Apex and you when the res is low and it will stop the ATK PMUP from running dry.

New User
    Im hoping someone can help me with my ATK programming. When I purchased my reef aquarium I also purchased the APEX Fusion system (2016). One of the components was the ATK. The entire Apex system was installed and set up by the company I purchased it from and everything was working fine. About 3 weeks ago my Flow meter returned a reading of Zero and has been the same since. My ATK also does not work properly. I have been having to turn it on and off manually. When the sensors register as closed, the pump does not turn off. I used the stock program from the Apex but it still will not turn off. Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.
    IMG_8912.PNGIMG_8913.PNGIMG_8909.PNGIMG_8910.PNG

Frequent Visitor
    Do you have the pmup connected to the second 24v port of eb832?

Why is not connected to the FMM module that came with the ATK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    I’m not sure? I believe I only have one FMM.

Frequent Visitor
    Just follow the PMUP cord and see where it plugs.

Also push the sensor 1 out of water and see if turns to OPEN. the same way push it in water and see if it's closed.
    You will have to wait if using fusion to see if the state changes or you can use the local dashboard for a faster update.

If the state of the switch does not change I would consider opening a ticket with Neptune Support!

All the best,
    Rui