Thread: Radion missing (read first)

NSI Member

Radion missing (read first)

I recently unplugged one of my radions for brief moment to re-route the chord. However when I plugged it back in, fusion shows that it's missing. Normally the apax or wxm reconnects after a few hours automatically. I'm assuming that the apex dos some sort of scheduled "refresh" of some sorts to find the missing radion and automatically show it as NOT missing, although I'm sure someone with more knowledge will precisely explain the process.

I would like to know if there's a way to immediately "refresh" the apex to force the wxm to find the missing radion without removing and re-installing the light?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    I recently unplugged one of my radions for brief moment to re-route the chord. However when I plugged it back in, fusion shows that it's missing. Normally the apax or wxm reconnects after a few hours automatically. I'm assuming that the apex dos some sort of scheduled "refresh" of some sorts to find the missing radion and automatically show it as NOT missing, although I'm sure someone with more knowledge will precisely explain the process.

I would like to know if there's a way to immediately "refresh" the apex to force the wxm to find the missing radion without removing and re-installing the light?
    Rinse and repeat no need to update every time just reset and attach over and over again you may get one connected then the other but after awhile it will work.

NSI Member
    Sorry, that I didn't respond with the fix, all I had to do was unplug the WXM and plug it back in.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry, that I didn't respond with the fix, all I had to do was unplug the WXM and plug it back in.
    Ah. I wish that was working for me.

NSI Member
    Not to say that I didn't remove and factory reset all lights and pumps multiple times, these are the procedures I did to finally get everything operational again. You may benefit from all my hair pulling and cussing. Follow these procedures for attaching to the WXM. Keep in mind that I had 2 WXMs so disregard the statements about frequency 2 and unplugging and re-plugging devices in unless you have more than 11 ecotech devices.

Then I:
    1. Unplugged the aquabus cable from one of the WXM leaving one connected to the apex
    2. Removed all radion and vortech outlets from the output page in fusion (had to refresh the page and do this a couple times)
    3. set the wxm to "wxm frequency 1"
    4. factory reset all the Radions with EcoSmart Live
    5. reset all the Vortechs via holding the buttons,
    6. select the 11 devices you want to connect to the first wxm
    7. unplug the power from the remainder of ecotech devices (only 11 devices can be on at this step)
    8. attach all the radions in the module set up page
    9. attached each vortech one at a time same link as above
    10. once the wxm was full, remove the aquabus cable from that wxm
    11. unplug all radions and vortechs that are attached to the first wxm
    12. plug in the remaining pumps and lights
    12. plug the aquabus cable into the second wxm
    13. set it to "WXM frequency 2"
    14. repeat the steps to attach the rest of the devices
    15. plug the first wxm back in and wait until the apex finds all the "missing" lights and pumps

I'm sure that I over did it with a few steps but it was better to start from scratch rather than continue to chase my tail. All that was left to do was program the lights and pumps to my specifications and I was off and running. If this helps only 1 person then it was worth me documenting it.

Regular Vistor
    Not to say that I didn't remove and factory reset all lights and pumps multiple times, these are the procedures I did to finally get everything operational again. You may benefit from all my hair pulling and cussing. Follow these procedures for attaching to the WXM. Keep in mind that I had 2 WXMs so disregard the statements about frequency 2 and unplugging and re-plugging devices in unless you have more than 11 ecotech devices.
    Thanks for this. I only have 5 Radions and it's finding 4. I've done all the resets, firmware updates, etc, but it never finds that 5th one, which is ironically the 4th in the line.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Have you ever tried moving your WXM module? I had mine inside my cabinet and its signal had to pass through several other electrical devices to reach the Radions. One of them frequently would go missing. After I moved the WXM module out of the cabinet and attached it to the back of the aquarium glass with velcro tape, the Radions have remained connected consistently for months. RF interference from power bricks and other electrical devices can cause wireless connectivity problems.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    Have you ever tried moving your WXM module? I had mine inside my cabinet and its signal had to pass through several other electrical devices to reach the Radions. One of them frequently would go missing. After I moved the WXM module out of the cabinet and attached it to the back of the aquarium glass with velcro tape, the Radions have remained connected consistently for months. RF interference from power bricks and other electrical devices can cause wireless connectivity problems.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I can see how this might be an issue. In my case, the WXM is about 5' from the furthest light with direct line of sight to all lights. I'll move it even closer to see if it will help though.

This is the first time I'm trying to connect to the lights. FYI.

NSI Member
    Is it always the same radion? If so I would check to see if by unplugging it corrupted the software. Connect it to ecorsmart live and force an update. and see if it connects to the wxm

Regular Vistor
    Is it always the same radion? If so I would check to see if by unplugging it corrupted the software. Connect it to ecorsmart live and force an update. and see if it connects to the wxm
    Yeah, it is. I've done a firmware update and factory reset and another firmware update. No luck. I have a call with support on Monday.

Frequent Visitor
    I have similar issues with Vortechs, if I disconnect them, Apex shows missing. What's worked for me - sign out of Fusion then sign back in, that's reset mine.