Thread: EB8 single

Regular Vistor

EB8 single

Hi
    i had a mishap on saturday with a 2 outlet extension cord plugged into the EB8. It was powering a small fuge led light programmed to come on at 9am. I had also plugged into extensions cord a thermostat/ heater combo for a water change. Before 9am, I removed heater/thermostat from brute can, noticing the thermostat was not lit on. I placed the combo on the tile floor, forgetting that the cord was controlled by apex. Maybe at 9:15 , I notice a burning smell. Sure enough, The apex had turned on the outlet,the exposed heater was burning up, (looked like it was 800 degrees!)and of course the heater was touching the black rubber on the cords, melting the cords and exposing copper wire.. I think at this point the thermostat fried out.
    Now the outlet doesn't appear to work, maybe shut down as a safety feature or maybe I fried it out too, idk. It's not turning on the small fuge light anymore at 9am. I have another outlet available but I'm wondering if the whole energy bar could be compromised..
    thanks for any advice

Hydroponics Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by clarksski View Post
    Hi
    i had a mishap on saturday with a 2 outlet extension cord plugged into the EB8. It was powering a small fuge led light programmed to come on at 9am. I had also plugged into extensions cord a thermostat/ heater combo for a water change. Before 9am, I removed heater/thermostat from brute can, noticing the thermostat was not lit on. I placed the combo on the tile floor, forgetting that the cord was controlled by apex. Maybe at 9:15 , I notice a burning smell. Sure enough, The apex had turned on the outlet,the exposed heater was burning up, (looked like it was 800 degrees!)and of course the heater was touching the black rubber on the cords, melting the cords and exposing copper wire.. I think at this point the thermostat fried out.
    Now the outlet doesn't appear to work, maybe shut down as a safety feature or maybe I fried it out too, idk. It's not turning on the small fuge light anymore at 9am. I have another outlet available but I'm wondering if the whole energy bar could be compromised..
    thanks for any advice
    Nothing you can do with an EB8, no user serviceable parts on the inside. Time to open a support ticket or just use it with 7 outlets.