Thread: ATK PMUP going into Error after being manually off for 2 days

Frequent Visitor

ATK PMUP going into Error after being manually off for 2 days

Hi, I am having a small issue with my Neptune ATK where the PMUP pump goes into error status. I am using this on an Apex 2016.

Here is my setup. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 with an internal 8 litre gravity-fed ATO. I have the PMUP (ATOPump) located 10’ away from my tank, in an RODI reservoir which is below the level of my sump. The ATOPump is connected to my internal ATO, to keep the ATO tank filled. The ATOPump is programmed to turn on at most once a day. Here are the relevant programs (obviously ignore the comments etc).

[ATOPump]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATOLo OPEN Then ON
    If ATOHi CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 010:00 Then OFF
    If Time 13:00 to 11:59 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 120:00 Then OFF

[SumpLow]
    # VO to detect if the sump water level is low
    Set OFF
    If SumpLo OPEN Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

[EmailAlert]
    Set OFF
    If Power Apex Off 001 Then ON
    If Power EB6_1 Off 001 Then ON
    If Error ATOPump Then ON
    If ATOHi CLOSED Then ON
    If FlrLk CLOSED then ON
    If Outlet SumpLow = ON Then ON

ATOLo is the low level optical ATK sensor in the ATO.
    ATOHi is the high level optical ATK sensor in the ATO.
    SumpLo is an optical sensor in my sump itself.
    FlrLk is a hard surface leak sensor located outside the tank on the floor.

This generally works perfectly, and turns on ATOPump at midday each day to top up the ATO. The problem I am having is when I turn ATOPump off manually for a couple of days, and then turn it back to Auto. I have done this recently as I am raising my salinity gradually by putting salt water in the ATO. When I do this I want to let the ATO empty nearly completely to get the SW into the tank before I go back to topping it up with RODI again.

What happens is that I turned off ATOPump on Sunday morning when I filled the ATO with SW. Last night I turned ATOPump back to Auto. At 12:10:11 today (Wed) it went into Error and turned Off. I assume it tried to start at 12:00:10 as it should have, but the auto fill didn’t work for some reason, and it went into Error mode soon after.

I was able to manually change it (via Fusion) to On, let it run for 5 secs, and change it to Auto. It then completed it’s fill cycle and turned off, staying on Auto correctly.

I also had the same problem last week when I did exactly the same thing.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong here?

Thanks, Brad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For that kind of application, you need to make your when statement length longer. Time how long it takes to fill from completely empty to full and make it that long.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Zombie,

Thanks, that’s an obvious solution in hindsight, I should have realised that myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk