Thread: Cor20 slip fittings.

New User

Cor20 slip fittings.

Wat are they made of, the ones that come with the pump, 1” & .75”, Abs or pvc. I want to used the correct glue. Also! Does Neptune or anywhere else sell extra of those?

Frequent Visitor

Cor20 slip fittings.

PVC glue is what I used. You can contact them to give you link to order plumbing fittings for Cor pumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I can confirm I also used PVC Glue and it's perfect!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rui Manuel Gaspar View Post
    I can confirm I also used PVC Glue and it's perfect!
    Can also confirm, this said, I'd use the blue pool PVC glue for a one and done, since the BSPT fittings are going to be tough to come by if they leak. I would also recommend if space allows putting in a threaded fitting shortly downstream from the pump fitting, because if your plumbing breaks, you are back to trying to find BSPT threads.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jwampler View Post
    Can also confirm, this said, I'd use the blue pool PVC glue for a one and done, since the BSPT fittings are going to be tough to come by if they leak. I would also recommend if space allows putting in a threaded fitting shortly downstream from the pump fitting, because if your plumbing breaks, you are back to trying to find BSPT threads.
    The threads are actually BSPP, British Standard Pipe Parallel. Good luck finding them. I've contacted Neptune Support. They don't sell them or offer a place that can sell them. Based on their answers, they justify those threads because they have a large connection to the European market where those threads are standard.

I haven't been able to find them anywhere in the US. If you find them, please post that here. I was able to find them in the UK, but they wouldn't ship international to me.

Apparently these threads are widely used in the aquarium industry. It doesn't make it any better for those of us that are buyers of this product and need to reconfigure our pumps. Seems crazy to me that they would even sell these with this thread in the US.

I don't have one to do some checks, but you might be able to find some end fittings (the part that is slip) that avoid the need for the BSPP fitting in the first place (you would reuse the BSPP piece and the threaded part of the union). I would assume at least some companies unions have the same dimensions for that piece and those are like 75c parts, so very cheap to buy several to find one that fits.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I don't have one to do some checks, but you might be able to find some end fittings (the part that is slip) that avoid the need for the BSPP fitting in the first place (you would reuse the BSPP piece and the threaded part of the union). I would assume at least some companies unions have the same dimensions for that piece and those are like 75c parts, so very cheap to buy several to find one that fits.
    The issue I had was that the 1.25" BSPP union was too large to fit into the return section of my sump. I need a BSPP x slip @ 1.25" and not even use the union. I can't find one anywhere. I'd order one today if I can find it.