Thread: WXM to radion gen 3 won't reset and attach

New User

WXM to radion gen 3 won't reset and attach

Hello everyone. Totally new to apex so please bare with me. So i just got an EL and a wxm to control my gen3 radion. I have watch and followed the video on how to update the firmware of both apex, radion and WXM. I have follow everything and all is good until I reach the part when it says "Reset Radion". On the video it says that the radion will turn on and off once you hit the reset button. Mine just shuts down and never turned back on. So I can't attach it to the WXM. I have reset the radion to factory setting and still it does the same thing over and over again. Any idea on how to attach the radion to the WXM?

thanks for reading everyone.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Once the Radion attaches to the WXM is the light off all together and the fan still running or are you saying that the whole light loses power. If the virtual outlet that's created when the Radion attaches to your WXM calls for 0 intensity then the light is following the programming.

Do me a favor. Go through the process again as outlined in videos/get started guide etc. Attach the Radion, then go to the module setup page. Once there find the WXM module and click on it which will open a window and show a drop down menu showing rename as the default IIRC. Drop down to configure and see if the radion shows up there under the attached modules list.

My guess is that it's creating an outlet and executing programming that says to be "off".
    Chad

New User
    the whole thing loses power. unless i press the actual button from the radion to turn it on. I haven't done any attachment of the radion to the WXM because when I press Reset Radion. The light just turns off and never turns back on like the video shows.