Thread: Beyond frustrated - programing dual Jebao powerheads

New User

Beyond frustrated - programing dual Jebao powerheads

I cannot get my two PP8 powerheads running off my apex. I've spent countless hours browsing forums and watching youtube videos on how to set them up. It's beyond frustrating...and I'm hoping someone can shed some light. I'm missing something here...

My dashboard:
    Dashboard.PNG
    I highlighted the 2 variable speed ports and outlet for the pumps. When the variable ports are on "auto"...pumps do nothing. When I turn either one to "on"...the pump goes 100% (no pulsing). I leave the outlet on "on"...cuz when I put it on auto...it just turns the power off.

Another problem seems to be when I click the little edit wheel icon for either variable speed port, I get this screen:
    Pop up.PNG
    I see in all the videos and threads that people use the basic view to enter their code. Well when I go to the basic view (after this screen) and add my code...the second I click the variable ports edit icon button again on the dashboard...it brings me right back to this view with the same pop-up. EVERY time...

On basic view, this is what I put in and tried saving:
    3.PNG

And here is an example of one of the profiles:
    profile.PNG

Am I missing something simple here? Really need some input. I don't understand why I can't figure this out.

Thanks

New User

You remembered to click upload before exiting the page right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You remembered to click upload before exiting the page right?

Yes I always save when making changes.

I think I see the problem now. Your intensities are too low in your profiles. Jebaos need to be above somewhere between 20-35% to even turn on.

New User
    Question on that note...if I went into the basic view tab and entered my own code and clicked upload....if I clicked the edit icon wheel again...shouldn't it take me directly to the basic view?

Quote Originally Posted by Reefpuck View Post
    Question on that note...if I went into the basic view tab and entered my own code and clicked upload....if I clicked the edit icon wheel again...shouldn't it take me directly to the basic view?
    It should, unless there is tdata in the code.

New User
    It should, unless there is tdata in the code.
    No tdata in the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefpuck View Post
    No tdata in the code.
    Maybe contact support then. It's probably a bug.

Maybe contact support then. It's probably a bug.
    It is not a bug. The message says:

"This output was not previously configured using this wizard; a sample configuration has been loaded.

Use the Basic View button if you would prefer to use the original configuration."

It is by design, and is in keeping with an emphasis on using the easy-to-use and powerful wizards vs. manual programming. It tells you what to do if you are using old-style programming instead of wizard-generated programming.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post

"This output was not previously configured using this wizard; a sample configuration has been loaded.

Use the Basic View button if you would prefer to use the original configuration."

It is by design, and is in keeping with an emphasis on using the easy-to-use and powerful wizards vs. manual programming. It tells you what to do if you are using old-style programming instead of wizard-generated programming.
    The OP was saying that he uploaded new code and then message still presented itself after updating the code. What I was saying might be a bug is him uploading the code in basic view and it taking him back to wizard view when he reopens it (this assumes he left the page in basic view).

The OP was saying that he uploaded new code and then message still presented itself after updating the code.
    It was old-style-programming, not tdata, so the dialog being displayed is normal and expected. The presence of tdata (or not) in the output program determines if that dialog is shown.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User

If the this graph is the new method for neptune...that's fine and I don't mind using it. Setting the pump's intensity throughout the day seems easy. However, I haven't seen any manuals or instructions on how to incorporate profiles into this graph...so I can set pulsing actions/etc.

I browsed through the new user guide, and found this:
    Pump.PNG

In the user guide, they show a screen that has a folder column and another edit column on the far right, which appears to be for profiles/etc. I don't have the right two columns. All I can do is time and intensity adjustments.

Is this a new compatability issue with Jebao pumps? I know other's use these pumps with apex without issues.

That screenshot is for a Vortech pump
    Output, not a variable/0-10v. The right column is for the Vortech mode. Other wizards are different, depending on the device they are controlling.

The Variable output wizard is mostly for use with lighting - you won’t use it if you want to use profiles with your 0-10v pumps.

New User
    That screenshot is for a Vortech pump
    Output, not a variable/0-10v. The right column is for the Vortech mode. Other wizards are different, depending on the device they are controlling.

The Variable output wizard is mostly for use with lighting - you won’t use it if you want to use profiles with your 0-10v pumps.

Understood. But what about Jebao pumps? If they aren't compatable with the tdata...how do I disable it so I can use the basic view?

Just dismiss the dialogue, go to Basic View, and use Advanced Control Type.