Thread: Support Kindle Fire 7?

Regular Vistor

Support Kindle Fire 7?

I tried to install new app on my Kindle Fire 7, but I cannot install it. It shows “this version is not supported.” Fire OS version is 5.6.2.0.

Frequent Contributor
    It will not install on Kindle device.

Kindle's run their own version of OS on their devices (it is similar to android, but it is not the same as the standard Android platform.)
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    It will not install on Kindle device.

Kindle's run their own version of OS on their devices (it is similar to android, but it is not the same as the standard Android platform.)
    Thanks!
    It looks older version of the app worked on kindle fire, so I thought new one as well.

No dice for me. It looks like whatever android version Fire OS is based on is not compatible. I tried extracting the apk directly since it wont show up in Google play and it is unable to parse it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Russ/Terence/Neptune...

What is the minimum android OS version for this app to work? Fire tablets can run services framework 5.1, so my guess is that the app just requires 6.0+. If so, it would be awesome if there is any way to make it compatible with earlier android OS.

As stated in the listing on Google Play, the minimum Android version supported is 6.0.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

As Amazon devices do not use the same type of push notification mechanism that normal Android devices do, there's frankly little value in wasting your time and effort on attempting to reverse-engineer the APK, Zombie.

New User
    Are there any plans for a Kindle Fire version of the Apex Fusion App?

Aquaphile
    What would be the advantage of running a Fusion App on the Kindle Fire devices over just using the Fusion Website? I currently have the Website running on three Fire 7 HD's and it works as well as my IOS app on my iPhone X.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    What would be the advantage of running a Fusion App on the Kindle Fire devices over just using the Fusion Website? I currently have the Website running on three Fire 7 HD's and it works as well as my IOS app on my iPhone X.
    Having to re-enter authentication credentials. The Android app stays logged in.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wasmithee View Post

^this, as well as not needing to use dolphin for full screen.

Aquaphile

I keep the Fusion Web site displayed continuously on my Fire 7 HD's and do not to have re-enter authentication credentials unless I turn them off, unlike with my IOS app that I have to log back in constantly. The dedicate Fire 7 HD located next to my APEX control center has been running the Fusion web site for weeks without having to re-enter anything, it just keeps on running until I turn it off, and yes, then I do have to sign back in.

Photo 917.jpg

I'm guessing with the Android app if you turn off your device then you would have to re-enter your credentials so I do not see a difference there.

New User
    I know that you can leave the tablet on and turn off sleeping using Dolphin for full screen. However, I prefer not to leave device screens on 24/7, both from an energy conservation and a device screen lifespan conservation perspective. It's too bad I haven't been able to find a screen saver app that would leave the screen on with minimal power usage. I know we are not talking about a lot of power here, but I try to be frugal.

Neptune could offer an option to not timeout logins for a month or something similar.

Aquaphile
    I know that you can leave the tablet on and turn off sleeping using Dolphin for full screen. However, I prefer not to leave device screens on 24/7, both from an energy conservation and a device screen lifespan conservation perspective. It's too bad I haven't been able to find a screen saver app that would leave the screen on with minimal power usage. I know we are not talking about a lot of power here, but I try to be frugal.

Neptune could offer an option to not timeout logins for a month or something similar.

Interesting, I'm going to hook up one of them to my EB832 and see what the power usage actually is.....

Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    I'm guessing with the Android app if you turn off your device then you would have to re-enter your credentials so I do not see a difference there.
    And you are guessing wrong. I turn my G8+ phone off every night before going to bed and when I turn it on the next morning my Fusion app connects without having to authenticate.

Aquaphile
    So I let one of my Kindle Fire 7HD's battery rundown to 0% and then hooked it up to my EB832 to charge up and monitor one of my Aquariums. I kept it on the Fusion Website running 24/7 for a week and used 0.023 Kilowatts which I estimate would only cost me $1.37 USD per year. I think that it is a good investment and I will continue to keep it running 24/7 as I like the look of the app and I can check this Aquarium with only a glance at the screen anytime I want.
    Fire 7HD kw.PNG

Regular Vistor
    I just checked here for info and I am guessing the Fire Tablet will not get love from an actual app.

1) So is the trick to download the Dolphin browser and go to the website?
    2) Is there any other prep work to do on the Fire tablet other than that?
    3) Has anyone found a tablet under $70 that can utilize the app?

Sorry for all the questions...

Mike

Aquaphile
    Besides the Dolphin app I also use the "Fully KIOSK Browser" app to get around the lack of love for other apps on the Fire Tablets. Either one should help you run Fusion on your Fire Tablet.

I like the dolphin browser. After hooking everything up as per the YouTube video, I was pleased to know that the tablet goes into a sort of sleep mode and doesn’t stay on 24/7. As soon as I open my cabinet door, the sensor detects movement and lights up the screen.