Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Some things that could be improved

  1. #1
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    40

    Some things that could be improved

    This is my list so far. If you have an idea, please feel welcome to post it.

    1) If the IOTA device looses connection the schedule should remain unchanged, sadly if the device looses the wifi signal for example you can see that light running a different setting that the rest...

    2) Lunar cycles should be added

    3) Ability to update the light's firmware via apex

    Thats all for now. Thanks !

  2. #2
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,278
    I'm pretty sure 1 could only be accomplished on the AI end, since if the apex loses connection to it, it can't send a signal to put it in a different mode in the first place. AI could possibly add some feature in their firmware that switches it back to auto from manual after X time elapses of no new changes from the apex

    You can already do 2

    3 is also likely impossible.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    40
    Another thing I would add its a test option. So I can test the looks of certain values without messing the light schedule.

  4. #4
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I'm pretty sure 1 could only be accomplished on the AI end, since if the apex loses connection to it, it can't send a signal to put it in a different mode in the first place. AI could possibly add some feature in their firmware that switches it back to auto from manual after X time elapses of no new changes from the apex

    You can already do 2

    3 is also likely impossible.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    How can you do number 2? I cant see any option in the apex related to that...

  5. #5
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanchez View Post
    How can you do number 2? I cant see any option in the apex related to that...
    That is what the moon command is for. Exactly how to accomplish depends on what exactly you want to happen.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanchez View Post
    Another thing I would add its a test option. So I can test the looks of certain values without messing the light schedule.
    You can do that either by setting a schedule in the wizard and running the preview button or if you want to test a single point, define a profile with your desired test intensities and add

    Set profilename

    In the advanced tab (gear icon) of the wizard and upload. Once happy with the intensities, write them down or reprogram the graph and remove the set profilename statement.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Regular Vistor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That is what the moon command is for. Exactly how to accomplish depends on what exactly you want to happen.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Sorry zombie I don't quite get that. I want to have a lunar cycle. Pretty much what the AI program does in the app.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanchez View Post
    Sorry zombie I don't quite get that. I want to have a lunar cycle. Pretty much what the AI program does in the app.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    if you want to simulate what the AI app does, you create a virtual outlet with the format below. The times in the virtual outlet need to be when your lights are equal to or less than your desired "moon intensity" in the wizard. (Note: dont start the outlet name with Moon. It's fine if the word moon is in the outlet name, it just cant be the first 4 characters of it or it can cause weird bugs). The example below has a moon "window" of 10pm to 8am.

    vMoon
    Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON
    If Time 08:00 to 21:59 Then OFF


    Create a profile with your desired intensity and spectrum. I'm calling it LEDmoon below.


    In the advanced tab of the wizard (gear icon) add the line

    If Output vMoon = ON Then LEDmoon



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Master Control Freak RussM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California - US Pacific
    Posts
    17,507
    Guys, the use of profiles is not available for IOTA/AI.

    Hydra/Vega profiles are only for use with the older AI lights controlled through a AWM.
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

  10. #10
    New User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2
    Does the fact that profiles cannot be used with IOTA/AI mean that you cannot really use programming to change the IOTA/AI lights ?
    Without referring to a profile, how can I set specific spectrum/intensities in certain circumstances (e.g. use FeedD as a night time viewing mode that temporarily interrupts the normal lighting schedule)?
    If I cannot, I would add that to the list of improvements.

  11. #11
    NSI Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfukuoka View Post
    Does the fact that profiles cannot be used with IOTA/AI mean that you cannot really use programming to change the IOTA/AI lights ?
    Without referring to a profile, how can I set specific spectrum/intensities in certain circumstances (e.g. use FeedD as a night time viewing mode that temporarily interrupts the normal lighting schedule)?
    If I cannot, I would add that to the list of improvements.
    I'm interested in this too. I have two older 52's controlled by an AWM which use profiles triggered by feed modes for things like darkroom and full on. I'd like the two HD 52's to be able to trigger the same modes.

  12. #12
    New User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    US, Pacific
    Posts
    8
    RussM, I'm not clear, does this mean that there is no way to have the moon effects or just that it has to be done another way?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •