Thread: Some things that could be improved

Frequent Visitor

Some things that could be improved

This is my list so far. If you have an idea, please feel welcome to post it.

1) If the IOTA device looses connection the schedule should remain unchanged, sadly if the device looses the wifi signal for example you can see that light running a different setting that the rest...

2) Lunar cycles should be added

3) Ability to update the light's firmware via apex

Thats all for now. Thanks !

I'm pretty sure 1 could only be accomplished on the AI end, since if the apex loses connection to it, it can't send a signal to put it in a different mode in the first place. AI could possibly add some feature in their firmware that switches it back to auto from manual after X time elapses of no new changes from the apex

You can already do 2

3 is also likely impossible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Another thing I would add its a test option. So I can test the looks of certain values without messing the light schedule.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I'm pretty sure 1 could only be accomplished on the AI end, since if the apex loses connection to it, it can't send a signal to put it in a different mode in the first place. AI could possibly add some feature in their firmware that switches it back to auto from manual after X time elapses of no new changes from the apex

You can already do 2

3 is also likely impossible.

How can you do number 2? I cant see any option in the apex related to that...

Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanchez View Post
    How can you do number 2? I cant see any option in the apex related to that...
    That is what the moon command is for. Exactly how to accomplish depends on what exactly you want to happen.

Another thing I would add its a test option. So I can test the looks of certain values without messing the light schedule.
    You can do that either by setting a schedule in the wizard and running the preview button or if you want to test a single point, define a profile with your desired test intensities and add

Set profilename

In the advanced tab (gear icon) of the wizard and upload. Once happy with the intensities, write them down or reprogram the graph and remove the set profilename statement.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That is what the moon command is for. Exactly how to accomplish depends on what exactly you want to happen.

Sorry zombie I don't quite get that. I want to have a lunar cycle. Pretty much what the AI program does in the app.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry zombie I don't quite get that. I want to have a lunar cycle. Pretty much what the AI program does in the app.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    if you want to simulate what the AI app does, you create a virtual outlet with the format below. The times in the virtual outlet need to be when your lights are equal to or less than your desired "moon intensity" in the wizard. (Note: dont start the outlet name with Moon. It's fine if the word moon is in the outlet name, it just cant be the first 4 characters of it or it can cause weird bugs). The example below has a moon "window" of 10pm to 8am.

vMoon
    Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON
    If Time 08:00 to 21:59 Then OFF

Create a profile with your desired intensity and spectrum. I'm calling it LEDmoon below.

In the advanced tab of the wizard (gear icon) add the line

If Output vMoon = ON Then LEDmoon

Guys, the use of profiles is not available for IOTA/AI.

Hydra/Vega profiles are only for use with the older AI lights controlled through a AWM.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Does the fact that profiles cannot be used with IOTA/AI mean that you cannot really use programming to change the IOTA/AI lights ?
    Without referring to a profile, how can I set specific spectrum/intensities in certain circumstances (e.g. use FeedD as a night time viewing mode that temporarily interrupts the normal lighting schedule)?
    If I cannot, I would add that to the list of improvements.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfukuoka View Post
    Does the fact that profiles cannot be used with IOTA/AI mean that you cannot really use programming to change the IOTA/AI lights ?
    Without referring to a profile, how can I set specific spectrum/intensities in certain circumstances (e.g. use FeedD as a night time viewing mode that temporarily interrupts the normal lighting schedule)?
    If I cannot, I would add that to the list of improvements.
    I'm interested in this too. I have two older 52's controlled by an AWM which use profiles triggered by feed modes for things like darkroom and full on. I'd like the two HD 52's to be able to trigger the same modes.

New User
    RussM, I'm not clear, does this mean that there is no way to have the moon effects or just that it has to be done another way?