Thread: Consult ph and Apex voltage

New User

Consult ph and Apex voltage

Hello how are you? My name is Pablo and I live in Uruguay. On Sept. 17, I went to Orlando and wanted to buy an Apex system.
    My question is if with Apex I can control the ph inside the calcium reactor chamber? And if at the same time I can turn off the reactor with apex if the pH of the aquarium drops below 7.9?
    I also want to ask you if apex systems come only for 110v current? In my country, 220v is used. Maybe using a transformer I can still use it, but I want to check it before buying.
    If you help me with these questions I would be grateful.
    Greetings from Uruguay.

Frequent Visitor
    Hello!

Apex can monitor the pH in your tank and with a separate module can also monitor the pH in a calcium reactor. Then
    in turn, using both pH values, control your reactor. It will control the Co2 to maintain the pH in the reactor at the level you set,
    typically between 6.5-6.7, and shut the Co2 off if your tank pH goes below 7.9.

As to the power requirements, this is from Neptune's site. So you would need to determine which Energy Bar 6 you would need.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
    The EnergyBar 832 is for use in North America (USA, Canada, and parts of Mexico) and other locales where the electrical service grid provides 120VAC 60Hz power. For sale in international regions which use 230VAC 50Hz power, Apex (2016) systems are bundled with an EnergyBar 6 equipped with 6 outlets specific to that region (UK, EU, AU, or Schuko). EnergyBar 6 models do not include the EB832’s per-outlet power monitoring, 1LINK or DC24 ports, or per-outlet indicator LEDs.

New User
    Thanks for the quick response, so in order to use the Apex system in my country, I need an additional module for a ph meter and a 6-energy Energy Bar? Would the reactor plug it into the energy bar directly? I'm going to buy the calcium reactor in the USA and it's probably 110v

Frequent Visitor
    The Apex has the ability to monitor pH, but if you want to also monitor the pH in the calcium reactor, then you would need
    the additional module and a second pH probe.

No, because the energy bar would 220V. If you are able to convert your country's power supply to the USA standard of 120vac 60Hz, then
    you could use the USA version of the Apex, then your calcium reactor would plug in to the energy bar and be controlled by the Apex.

Not sure if that can be done, might want to check with a local electrician. Plan ahead, you would want a transformer that could handle all future
    upgrades or added devices. Then there is the added cost.

New User
    Exactly, I can by a transformer connect the apex to the current of the wall. then everything that is 110v can I connect directly to the Apex right?

Frequent Visitor
    Basically, yes. As long as the transformer's output is 120vac 60hz, and is capable of handling the load, it should work.

New User
    The load I measure in Amperes right? I could measure the amperes of all the artifacts that I am going to connect to the Apex and if the transformer supports that sum of amperes there would be no problem

Neptune does not support the use of a transformer to provide 110V from 220V when your country uses 50Hz. Parts of the neptune system dont plag nice with 50Hz, and if you tried to add an American AC pump that was 110V 60Hz to the energy bar, it will burn up. Your best bet is to buy an apex system from a local distributor that can provide you with the correct energy bar. Any additional modules you would want to purchase (like the ATK) are universal though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I would factor in 20% just to be on the safe side.

But before you do it, I would consult with a local electrician just to be sure. You will want a good power supply that can supply "clean" 120vac 60Hz, and with
    a rating that is 20% above your max AMP draw.

Like Zombie stated, it must be 60Hz. Just a simple step down transformer will not work. The output must be 120VAC 60Hz.

New User
    Ok, so I must get an apex that is already suitable for 220v. The additional modules you might need then if they are universal 110-220v? The problem that in Uruguay is very difficult to bring these systems for the price. That's why I wanted to try to get it in the USA. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor
    The energy bar would be 220v. The modules like a PM1, PM2, WXM, etc are connected to the Apex via the aquabus cable. The artifacts as you put it, would need to be 220v.