Thread: Reconnecting Vortech pumps to controller after using on Apex.

Former User

Reconnecting Vortech pumps to controller after using on Apex.

Just started using the Vortech Pumps and I am considering connecting to my Apex 2016. I understand that once you have connected you can no longer use the Vortech controller as well but is it possible to switch back to using the controller after using with Apex and if so how.

Many thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, you can. If I recall correctly, it is just like connecting the pumps to the reeflink/ESL like you would have the first time. Factory reset and then go through the connection process.

I have Radions, but I also have both Reeflink and connected to the Apex and once I connected them to the Apex, I don't see any reason to reconnect them to the Reeflink / ESL

Former User
    Hi David and thanks for your reply. I had my radions connected on ESL but didn’t have a Reeflink( used USB) I have just moved them onto the Apex. Took a while - the reset and reconnect seemed to take ages but now OK. I haven’t had the pumps on a Reeflink either just at present running off controller. I agree I probably wouldn’t move back from Apex but just wanted to make sure I could in case I change my mind. Is it easy to reset the pumps for use back on controller?

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah, it seems to be very hit and miss with connecting them to the Apex initially, but once done it is stable. I don't have any Vortech pumps, so I don't know the process for them. I would expect it is just a case of factory resetting them to reuse them by the controller. I am sure there will be others around here who have actually done it so would be able to confirm if this is the case or not.

Former User
    OK David thanks very much for your help.