Thread: DOS DDR Bubbles

New User

DOS DDR Bubbles

I am repeatably getting bubbles in my lines, not every day. I have two DOS/DDR systems using ATI Essentials. I get the bubbles out by retightening and in some cases replacing the pump or line. It works fine and then after a couple days more bubbles. This is impacting consistency. My ALK was the exact same for 4 days in a row and then today it dropped .4, I looked and more bubbles. This is really poorly engineered for what we pay.

Control Freak In Training
    I am using a pair of DOS for ATI Essentials also. I occasionally get bubbles after the pump but not before. I soaked the lines in hot water before tightening on the fittings which I assume helped.

New User
    Mine is also in the return line. However I get small bubble sometimes in the input line. Today both my ALK and CA lines have big bubbles. This is making it impossible to stabilize my parameters. I'm going to tear down those two lines and try again. It's not that hard to design a connection that doesn't leak. Why can't neptune do that?

Aquaphile
    I believe that most APEX DOS users don't have this problem, however some users have had similar issues and most of them have been resolved by trying a few of the tips that other members of this forum have suggested, myself included. I recommend that you search this forum and try some of the recommendations for your issue.

Frequent Visitor
    Same issue here with my DDR and DOS
    DDR will leak tiny air bubbles into the IN line and sometimes they will get so large the inlet tube looses prime.
    Support was great and sent me two new hard tubes and fitting assemblies to which I changed them out being recommended that the factory ones may have been leaking at the glue joint where the hard tubing is plumbed into the underside of the fitting.
    This made it better and slowed the amount of air building up in the lines but did not eliminate the issue.

I will be getting rid of the soft tube connection into the fittings from the DDR to the DOS heads and add Four female thread John guest fittings onto the Pump threads then use hard line to see if this will finally eliminate the issue.
    Cutting the soft tubing with a tubing cutter ensuring its exactly straight and using the blue locking clips did stabilize the tubing in the fitting though they still are a source of the leak evident by slightly tapping on the tubing coming from the DDR and watching air bubble or two travel up the line.
    The soft tubing just does not seal well into the fitting that is designed for Hard RODI tubing.

You could try the home depot tubing too. That stuff is a halfway point between the soft tubing neptune provides and hard RODI tubing. Takes a bit of force to get in onto the compression fitting (unless you heat it in boiling water first) but works well for my AWC line that is John Guest on the barrel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You could try the home depot tubing too. That stuff is a halfway point between the soft tubing neptune provides and hard RODI tubing. Takes a bit of force to get in onto the compression fitting (unless you heat it in boiling water first) but works well for my AWC line that is John Guest on the barrel.

Yes I actually thought about heating up the end slightly on RODI tubing to fit it over the DOS fittings and once it cools it should shrink back down tight.
    Is the clear version you used same as the hard Ice maker tubing on the back of the fridge ??

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterLa View Post
    Yes I actually thought about heating up the end slightly on RODI tubing to fit it over the DOS fittings and once it cools it should shrink back down tight.
    Is the clear version you used same as the hard Ice maker tubing on the back of the fridge ??
    I used this stuff

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...1873/207144363

Back in the day they carried a 1/4" OD 5/32" ID stuff that worked even better but I cant seem to find it anywhere now.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I used this stuff

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...1873/207144363

Back in the day they carried a 1/4" OD 5/32" ID stuff that worked even better but I cant seem to find it anywhere now.

Thanks for the reply and the link.
    I think this is the hard tubing like what is used on ice makers, I have used it on my RODI unit to see air bubbles and flow in the outlet from DI to holding tank and it works well.
    Heading to the big orange place for the fittings I need and a roll of the clear hard tubing. Making this change and modification should cure my bubble issues.
    I will be sure to post up my results.