Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlet programming

New User

Question Outlet programming

Hello,

I have added the new Klir 4" filter to my sump. The Klir advances the filter fleece when the fleece plugs and the water level in that area of the sump rises enough to trigger an optical sensor on the Klir. I want to program the outlet for the Klir to be on unless a few conditions occur that are expected but would raise the water level in the sump enough to trigger the sensor on the Klir advancing the filter material unnecessarily such as when the return pump is shut off or if the high sensor on the ATK tripped. If those conditions are met I want the out let to shut off and not come back on until 15 minutes after the condition cleared.

This is what I came up with, does it look like it will work?

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Swx3_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Outlet RetPump_2_3 = OFF Then OFF
    If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
    Defer 15:00 Then ON

Thanks,

Tom

Yep, though I would suggest renaming your switches in the inputs page to something meaningful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Helo, I tried to do a filter control program using an Apex optical sensor. Is that correct, please? Thank you
    If the system loses communication with APEX then OFF
    FALLBACK OFF
    when the sensor is open ON IF SENSOR…. OPEN THEN ON
    when the sensor is closed so OFF IF SENSOR…. CLOSED THEN OFF
    Delayed start when the sensor is open for 30 minutes DEFER 030:00 THEN ON
    minimum time between run cycles is 120 minutes MIN TIME 120:00 THEN OFF
    maximum run time when sensor OPEN is 30 sec WHEN ON > 000:30 THEN OFF
    If the main pump flow < 2000 L then off IF FLOW SENSOR…. < 2000 THEN OFF
    If the main pump flow > 2000 L then on IF FLOW SENSOR…. > 2000 THEN ON

Quote Originally Posted by Jk24 View Post
    Helo, I tried to do a filter control program using an Apex optical sensor. Is that correct, please? Thank you
    If the system loses communication with APEX then OFF
    FALLBACK OFF
    when the sensor is open ON IF SENSOR…. OPEN THEN ON
    when the sensor is closed so OFF IF SENSOR…. CLOSED THEN OFF
    Delayed start when the sensor is open for 30 minutes DEFER 030:00 THEN ON
    minimum time between run cycles is 120 minutes MIN TIME 120:00 THEN OFF
    maximum run time when sensor OPEN is 30 sec WHEN ON > 000:30 THEN OFF
    If the main pump flow < 2000 L then off IF FLOW SENSOR…. < 2000 THEN OFF
    If the main pump flow > 2000 L then on IF FLOW SENSOR…. > 2000 THEN ON
    No. You should use

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sensor OPEN Then ON
    If Flow < 2000 Then OFF
    Min Time 120:00 Then OFF
    When On > 000:30 Then OFF

You need a bigger range of acceptable flow rates or it wont ever run.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you. One question. Why is 2x off? I want the filter to work only when the flow is higher than 1000 l per hour

If Flow < 1900 Then OFF
    If Flow > 2100 Then OFF

I want the filter to work only when the flow is higher than 2000L per hour.

Thank you. One question. Why is 2x off? I want the filter to work only when the flow is higher than 1000 l per hour

If Flow < 1900 Then OFF
    If Flow > 2100 Then OFF

I want the filter to work only when the flow is higher than 2000L per hour.
    I misunderstood you then. See updated code above

Regular Vistor
    I understand. The pump has a flow rate 2800-3000L. It's just in case when the flow rate is drastically reduced and the water level in the sump go up. Thank you.

Regular Vistor
    Hello,

I setup Klir filter with Apex optical sensor, but somewhere is a mistake. Sensor is closed, but Klir filter not running??? Here is program:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If S_KLIR CLOSED Then ON
    If Flow sensor < 500 Then OFF
    When On > 000:20 Then OFF

When I switch to AUTO mode, it jumps to OFF for a few minutes? If I set to ON Klir filter is running well.

Any idea please? Thank you

Frequent Visitor
    The When On > 000:20 Then OFF is your problem. I’m not sure what you were intending with that, but When On is meant as an emergency failsafe. It’s saying that if the outlet has been on for more than a certain time (in this case 20 seconds) then force it to manual OFF. This is intended for things like ATO pumps and such that could cause floods if they run for longer than normal.

Regular Vistor
    Yes. I want the filter roll to spin a maximum of 20 seconds.

I think the problem is now in the originál Klir engine. it is weak and not spinning. it probably switches apex to off position.

Frequent Visitor

Outlet programming

Like I said, the When On command is meant as an emergency failsafe. So, for example, if the klir normally runs for 10 seconds and you want to put in a failsafe that would stop it if it runs for longer than normal then what you have is exactly what you want. If it triggers it will force the outlet to manual off and need to be manually reset to auto when that happens.

If that’s what you want, then it is operating as it should and now the trick is to figure out why the klir is running for more than 20 seconds and the water level in the sump isn’t going down.

On the other hand, if the klir normally takes 20 seconds or longer to roll to a new position and lower the water level in the sump, then what you have programmed is wrong. You will need to increase that time to allow the klir time to do its thing and for the water level to go down.

New User
    Yes. I want the filter roll to spin a maximum of 20 seconds.

I think the problem is now in the originál Klir engine. it is weak and not spinning. it probably switches apex to off position.
    Slightly off topic, but Klir now has a larger more powerful motor that they are swapping out. The root of the problem is the fleece is hanging up on the sharp edges within the filter.

With that said, I’m still struggling with high level alarms from the ATK when the filter fleece advances. This causes about an 1” of change in the sump section with the pump. The filter advances and immediately the water that was held up in the filter tray causes a rise in the pump section which triggers the alarm. I will also have the situation where the level in the filter tray hasn’t risen enough to trigger the Klir to advance the fleece. The ATK sees this as a low level and adds water. When the fleece finally advances, I’m in an alarm condition again. Frustrating and a LOT of email/text warnings. Have you figured your situation out yet?

Regular Vistor
    Hello,
    Can you check my program please. I want to turn on the pump every Wednesday 7:29 am for 30 seconds. Thank you

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    OSC 000:00/000:30/059:30 Then ON
    If Time 07:30 To 07:29 Then OFF
    If DoW SMT-TFS Then OFF

Frequent Visitor
    Hello,
    Can you check my program please. I want to turn on the pump every Wednesday 7:29 am for 30 seconds. Thank you

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    OSC 000:00/000:30/059:30 Then ON
    If Time 07:30 To 07:29 Then OFF
    If DoW SMT-TFS Then OFF
    You have the right idea, but you’re not quite there. The OSC command you have there will turn the pump on for 30 seconds at the top of each hour. But since you want it on for 30 seconds at 7:30 that won’t work. Change the OSC command to:

OSC 000:00/000:30/029:30 Then ON

Leave everything else as is and you should be all set.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS View Post
    You have the right idea, but you’re not quite there. The OSC command you have there will turn the pump on for 30 seconds at the top of each hour. But since you want it on for 30 seconds at 7:30 that won’t work. Change the OSC command to:

Leave everything else as is and you should be all set.
    That won’t quite work either. The If Time values are inclusive, so 7:30 to 7:29 would mean it would never run. I’d recommend this:

Fallback OFF
    OSC 029:00/000:30/030:30 Then ON
    If Time 08:00 To 07:00 Then OFF
    If DOW SMT-TFS Then OFF

This OSC timer will turn On at 29 minutes past each hour for 30 seconds. The If Time exclusion will block it for all hours except 7:01-7:59, and the DOW limits it to Wed only.

Regular Vistor
    thank you, first really doesn't work. I'll try to set up a second
    Fallback OFF
    If Time 08:00 To 07:00 Then OFF
    If DOW SMT-TFS Then OFF

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    thank you, but there is a mistake somewhere. it didn't turn on this morning?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Time 07:30 to 07:29 Then OFF
    If DoW SMT-TFS Then OFF
    You must have missed my post following the one you copied the code from. The If Time you're using will never work because the times are inclusive. That means it will be Off during the 7:29 minute that you want it to run. See my post just above your most recent reply for a different approach that will work.

Regular Vistor
    Hello, somewhere is probably a mistake. Does not switch. I changed it to 3 times per week, but not working

Fallback OFF
    If Time 08:00 to 07:00 Then OFF
    If DoW -M-W-F- Then OFF

Frequent Visitor
    Hello, somewhere is probably a mistake. Does not switch. I changed it to 3 times per week, but not working

Fallback OFF
    If Time 08:00 to 07:00 Then OFF
    If DoW -M-W-F- Then OFF
    What you have there will run four times a week... on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. If you were aiming to run it three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday then you want to change that last line to:

If DoW S-T-T-S Then OFF

Regular Vistor
    What you have there will run four times a week... on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. If you were aiming to run it three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday then you want to change that last line to:

If DoW S-T-T-S Then OFF
    It’s ok 3 or 4 times, but this program in not works. I do not know where the problem is?

The code looks right, have you checked the logs or graphed the outlet to verify? Are you sure the pump works? Can you command it to MANUAL ON and the pump operates?

New User

Programming a Klir DI-7 to Apex

Hello:
    I have a Klir DI-7 and want to control it with my Apex system, using an Apex optical sensor. Is this correct?

When the sensor is closed, then the motor turns on | When the sensor is open then the motor shuts off | if the motor stays on more than 2:00 then it shuts the motor off | the minimum time between when the motor can turn on and off is 2 hours
    I will probably want to add other failsafes. but I'm hoping this will at least control the Klir without using its controller. And I would be programming the outlet, I assume, that the motor is plugged into. Advice?

Fallback ON
    If Sensor CLOSED Then ON
    If Sensor OPEN Then OFF
    When ON > 002:00 Then OFF

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBrooks View Post
    Hello:
    I have a Klir DI-7 and want to control it with my Apex system, using an Apex optical sensor. Is this correct?

When the sensor is closed, then the motor turns on | When the sensor is open then the motor shuts off | if the motor stays on more than 2:00 then it shuts the motor off | the minimum time between when the motor can turn on and off is 2 hours
    I will probably want to add other failsafes. but I'm hoping this will at least control the Klir without using its controller. And I would be programming the outlet, I assume, that the motor is plugged into. Advice?

Fallback ON
    If Sensor CLOSED Then ON
    If Sensor OPEN Then OFF
    Yes, that is correct. Just to be clear though, the WHEN command will shut the outlet to MANUAL OFF. It will require user action to switch it back to AUTO.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerBrooks View Post
    Fallback ON
    If Sensor CLOSED Then ON
    If Sensor OPEN Then OFF
    I have a couple of notes. First, you probably don’t want the Fallback ON command. That tells it that the outlet should be ON in the event that there is a communication issue between the energy bar and the apex brain. Unless you want it to run indefinitely when that happens you should change it to Fallback OFF.

Second, while what you have would work, instead of the two If Sensor commands at the top I would use a set command followed by one If command. It won’t really change the functionality, but it’s more of a standard way to program the apex. So I would do the following:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sensor CLOSED Then ON

New User
    I have a couple of notes. First, you probably don’t want the Fallback ON command. That tells it that the outlet should be ON in the event that there is a communication issue between the energy bar and the apex brain. Unless you want it to run indefinitely when that happens you should change it to Fallback OFF.

Second, while what you have would work, instead of the two If Sensor commands at the top I would use a set command followed by one If command. It won’t really change the functionality, but it’s more of a standard way to program the apex. So I would do the following:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sensor CLOSED Then ON
    Hi Team, does ti only work if you bypass the blue controller for the Klir i cant get it to switch on at all, my programm turns the klir on but nothing happens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast