Thread: Fusion is stalking me!

New User

Fusion is stalking me!

On more than one occasion while I have been walking into my house I see a message on my iPhone sourced by apex fusion that I have arrived home... I have the location services turned off for apex fusion so- can someone please explain why it is still tracking me to the point where it knows (and I assume is logging) when I got home? What other settings besides location services do I need to turn off?

The app (at least the android version. I dont have apple products) does not use any permissions at all and does not track location, so something completely unrelated to fusion or the app is going on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll speak plainly, so there's no confusion. First, those responsible for Fusion find location tracking to be a particularly creepy thing, and despise it in a manner normally reserved for the enemies of our country. Second, while Fusion certainly likes you in a platonic sense and probably wouldn't mind lunch from time to time, she's not the stalker type, and I don't think she's really that into you.

I am, however, quite confident that Neptune Support would be quite interested in what you're seeing there, so opening a support ticket with them would certainly be welcomed.

Frequent Visitor
    I have an iPhone and the Fusion app has never asked to use my location and as such, I have not disabled anything for it and there is no entry in the location services for the Fusion app, so it has not tried to use my location. Would be useful to see a screenshot of the message.

This is new never happened to me and I use an iPhone.
    Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    I will try to get a screen capture. It is a notification with the fusion icon that says “... arrived home” on the lower part of the display similar to other app notifications then disappears. I will try to recreate the scenario but last time it happened I validated that the location services are turned off. If you have an iPhone and don’t believe me- then try it yourself- I think the app needs to be open when you are away then arrive home. Fusion may be a nice and helpful but I’ve never shared or want “her” knowing where I live or when I’m home. I like convenience but I also like privacy.

My app is always open never got that message or notification.
    I know it’s not April so I’m going and try it now 🤦🏾*♂️

New User
    Just as a note- i don’t believe it dings or vibrates; you have to be looking at your phone. Another possible commonality with the times I saw it is the native maps application open

Nothing happened I even tried it with map running

New User
    I haven’t been able to recreate yet either but I assure you it happens and I’ll get to the bottom as to why; I am opening a support ticket and will post results; I was moreso hoping that it was a known issue with a fix. One thing I was thinking is that it would be when the phone switches from mobile to WiFi but nothing happened during my last couple attempts to recreate.

I will keep an eye on it see and see what happens but never noticed it before and I think i would of but we shall see.

Aquaphile
    My iPhone X does something similar to this in my widget notifications lock screen. When I receive a fusion email alarm I will get a Text Message and an Email notification on my iPhone. If I don't acknowledge the notification on the iPhone after a second or two, it will disappear and then move to my notifications screen which I can then only view by right swiping my lock screen. It will stay hidden in in this notifications screen until such time as I right swipe and view it. So my Fusion is not stalking me, it is just acting like all of my other lock screen widgets and it will stay hidden for days until such time as I look at my notification widget screen then it disappears. And it does have the orange Fusion Icon and when I arrive home and turn off my car and my iPhone disconnects from the cars Bluetooth my notification lock screen does open and will show me the notifications that I haven't viewed yet and yes, my iPhone also notifies me that I have arrived home as well. I doubt that Fusion knows that I am home but I am sure that my iPhone and the numerous GPS based apps that I have running know this as well, however to me this is a good thing as by the time I walk up to my front door the lights are on and my favorite music is playing.

I will start by saying I know nothing about and don't use an iPhone. But as a software developer I thought I would throw this out there:

Does the Fusion app icon have the same name as the icon used by your navigation app? Is it possible the Fusion app icon overlayed the navigation app's icon? Sounds like the wrong icon was used for your welcome home message.

The message you're seeing is actually iOS stalking you. The "arrived at home" message is a feature built into iOS called "location-based suggestions". What's happening is iOS has started to realize that you have a pattern of only using the Apex Fusion app when you're at home, so it will start suggesting that app to you as soon as you arrive. This doesn't have anything to do with the Apex Fusion app itself, and can happen for any installed app that's only used at a specific location.

Here's a very similar topic posted on Apple's own support forums with information on how to turn the feature off: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7982229

Aquaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    I will start by saying I know nothing about and don't use an iPhone. But as a software developer I thought I would throw this out there:

Does the Fusion app icon have the same name as the icon used by your navigation app? Is it possible the Fusion app icon overlayed the navigation app's icon? Sounds like the wrong icon was used for your welcome home message.
    I think that I mislead you, the notification is just that, a notification that I have received a email warning from fusion. I also get notifications when I come home from my navigation and smart home apps, but they are seperate from my fusion notifications which as I said I only get when I have an email alarm sent to my iphone.

Aquaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The message you're seeing is actually iOS stalking you. The "arrived at home" message is a feature built into iOS called "location-based suggestions". What's happening is iOS has started to realize that you have a pattern of only using the Apex Fusion app when you're at home, so it will start suggesting that app to you as soon as you arrive. This doesn't have anything to do with the Apex Fusion app itself, and can happen for any installed app that's only used at a specific location.

Here's a very similar topic posted on Apple's own support forums with information on how to turn the feature off: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7982229
    Yes, I am well aware that my
    iPhone is stalking me
    and I purposely have it set up that way so that it is integrated with my smart home... I don't think what I am seeing is my iPhone location based suggestion as because typically I only use my Fusion app on my phone when I am away from my home as I have a dedicated Fire 7HD with Fusion running 24/7 and I have another PC with it running in the background so I typically use these instead.
    I know that Fusion is not doing the stalking as I only get the notifications on my iPhone when I get a email alarm which I seldom get anymore as my APEX is very much self sufficient at this time and I have not lately had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    Yes, I am well aware that my
    iPhone is stalking me
    and I purposely have it set up that way so that it is integrated with my smart home... I don't think what I am seeing is my iPhone location based suggestion as because typically I only use my Fusion app on my phone when I am away from my home as I have a dedicated Fire 7HD with Fusion running 24/7 and I have another PC with it running in the background so I typically use these instead.
    I know that Fusion is not doing the stalking as I only get the notifications on my iPhone when I get a email alarm which I seldom get anymore as my APEX is very much self sufficient at this time and I have not lately had any issues.
    My reply was actually intended for the OP, dizzyjay.

Aquaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    My reply was actually intended for the OP, dizzyjay.
    Sorry Joe, my Bad!

New User
    @Joe. thanks that explains it- poor OS design IMHO... but yeah it’s usually the first thing I look at when I get home not that I haven’t been checking the entire time I was gone