Thread: ugh - the fusion black ball

Regular Vistor

ugh - the fusion black ball

so in the 3 years or so that I have owned the newest apex system, 3 times I lose my complete connection to fusion ... I have gone through the troubleshoot of resetting the connection, network etc ... even had support look at it and, they tell me it was a glitch that caused my apex to completely lose its connection to fusion ... their only solution is to re-link the apex to fusion with a new token and completely reprogram it ...which, is a PITA ... anyone else running in to this ? ideas or ways to make the reload easier? Thank you.

Make sure you only use alphanumeric, underscore, or dash in outlet and switch names. Not doing so can cause this "glitch" along with other bugs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    so I went through my switch and outlet names and no dice there ... all only used the guidelines you gave ... what other issues could trigger that? also, any way to upload and existing apex config to a new link? or a way around a full reload? don't get me wrong, love the system and product - just spit balling

Quote Originally Posted by carabelli View Post
    so I went through my switch and outlet names and no dice there ... all only used the guidelines you gave ... what other issues could trigger that? also, any way to upload and existing apex config to a new link? or a way around a full reload? don't get me wrong, love the system and product - just spit balling
    Your config is stored on the apex not fusion anyway, so all that stays intact when you unlink and relink. The only thing you lose is your dashboard arrangement and measurements/notes. There may be a workaround to transfer those, but I haven't played around with it.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Your config is stored on the apex not fusion anyway, so all that stays intact when you unlink and relink. The only thing you lose is your dashboard arrangement and measurements/notes. There may be a workaround to transfer those, but I haven't played around with it.

interesting ... I must have done something wrong last time I worked through this ... I am not worried about losing the arrangement/notes ... is there a summary of the correct steps to relink?

Quote Originally Posted by carabelli View Post
    interesting ... I must have done something wrong last time I worked through this ... I am not worried about losing the arrangement/notes ... is there a summary of the correct steps to relink?
    Select the remove option in the apex list. Then follow the directions in the getting started guide to relink (skip initial setup stuff).

Regular Vistor
    good deal - i will follow that and update on how it goes -thanks again.

Regular Vistor
    Re-linked just fine ... for some reason i have an older version of my programming saved in the apex ... i have updated my settings in fusion but how do i save it to make it default

Unblinking and relinking has no effect on programming. What makes you think it's an older version?

Regular Vistor
    I printed the configuration summary before i deleted the old fusion link ... i think i never saved the newest version since i set it up

I did find how to access the classic dashboard and saved the bin file to my laptop desktop