Thread: Conductivity probe DIN 4 pin-out

Frequent Visitor

Conductivity probe DIN 4 pin-out

I have looked high and low for the pinout for the Lab Grade Conductivity probe pin out and can't find it. Apex glues the connector together, so I'm afraid to take it apart without a schematic or the likes. I would like to put the probe in the tank and have the NewApex in the basement just below the tank. To make the hole as small as possible I'd like to remove the connector. It's easy to do this with the BNCs pH/ORP but, for some crazy reason they used a 4 Pin DIN rather than BNC on the Conductivity probe even though it's 1 conductor 1 shield COAX. Does anyone have this information? I can buy a 4 Pin DIN easy enough.

Thanks in advance,
    JW

Just get something like this

https://www.ebay.com/p/Lorex-ACC1512...17206cfffc7d4f

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Zombie, I know I could use an extender, but, it doesn't solve trying to push the connector through a 1" PVC with a 90 at the sump. I really want to take the connector off push the cable through the pipe and re-terminate in the basement. The total distance is like 4.5', so replacing the connector will keep the cable short, removing possible interference as well as saving the trouble of trying to keep a connector on while pulling through a pipe.

Except you would have to splice then and that can cause even more interference. You would be much better off leaving the cond probe intact and terminating an extender. You could even buy a din4 male, female, and some rs485 cable and manually terminate at both ends.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Except you would have to splice then and that can cause even more interference. You would be much better off leaving the cond probe intact and terminating an extender. You could even buy a din4 male to manually terminate at both ends with male and female connectors.

Sorry, but, you respond to my posts with a heavy opinion on how to do something, but, never answer the questions. While I think you are trying to help, you are doing just the opposite. Apparently you don't know the pin-outs and lack electronic/soldering skills and or assume I don't have such skills. Perhaps 60' of extra cord is your idea of complete, but, it's far from what I'm trying to accomplish.

I'm sorry I tried to thank you for your input and justify myself so you wouldn't blow up this post as you have done on others, but, it doesn't seem to work with you. Can't you just let a/the post go if you don't know? Worst case ask a question like "have you considered......." and after the OP says yes, that' but, no thanks, keep your opinion to yourself that your way is better, or start another thread on why not to splice or the likes so my thread can stay clean. I never mentioned splicing, I mentioned pin-outs, there is a HUGE difference. Just because it's not the way you'd do it, doesn't make it wrong, it may even be better than your way.

So... To the other viewers of the thread, I would like to know the pin-outs, I promise to do a thorough silver solder job with shrink on the conductors, and take my own risks with EMI should you be able to provide them to me.

Thanks,
    JW

Hydroponics Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jwampler View Post
    ... I would like to know the pin-outs,...
    Good luck getting them. I have been looking for pin-outs on the 1Link ports for a while.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanderson234 View Post
    Good luck getting them. I have been looking for pin-outs on the 1Link ports for a while.
    Thanks Sanderson, I even opened a ticket with Neptune after I pulled (gently) a connector off a new $125 probe, they sent me a new one N/C, but, wouldn't send the PIN-OUTs, I'm not sure why they are "top secret", like a dummy I thew out my last old probe, I should have carefully disassembled it with an OHM meter. But... I didn't, so if no-one knows, I'll make it a point to do that when this one dies in a year or so and post my findings.

Sorry, but, you respond to my posts with a heavy opinion on how to do something, but, never answer the questions. While I think you are trying to help, you are doing just the opposite. Apparently you don't know the pin-outs and lack electronic/soldering skills and or assume I don't have such skills. Perhaps 60' of extra cord is your idea of complete, but, it's far from what I'm trying to accomplish.

I'm sorry I tried to thank you for your input and justify myself so you wouldn't blow up this post as you have done on others, but, it doesn't seem to work with you. Can't you just let a/the post go if you don't know? Worst case ask a question like "have you considered......." and after the OP says yes, that' but, no thanks, keep your opinion to yourself that your way is better, or start another thread on why not to splice or the likes so my thread can stay clean. I never mentioned splicing, I mentioned pin-outs, there is a HUGE difference. Just because it's not the way you'd do it, doesn't make it wrong, it may even be better than your way.

So... To the other viewers of the thread, I would like to know the pin-outs, I promise to do a thorough silver solder job with shrink on the conductors, and take my own risks with EMI should you be able to provide them to me.

Thanks,
    JW

Thanks,
    JW
    That kind of a response is completely uncalled for. I am a electrical field engineer for a living, so I know a thing or two about proper wiring methods. I do not work for Neptune and don't have access to anything that isn't publicly available.

This rarely ever happens, but I am blocking you. Maybe someone else can help you, but I'm done for good.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That kind of a response is completely uncalled for. I am a electrical field engineer for a living, so I know a thing or two about proper wiring methods. I do not work for Neptune and don't have access to anything that isn't publicly available.

This rarely ever happens, but I am muting all future posts from you.

Thank god...

PSA. Doing what the OP is requesting will VOID your warranty and should not be attempted. The use of an extender wont, but cutting the cord will.