Hello, all.
I am posting today as I have had an idea for a 3d printed solution to a problem I've run into and am looking for feedback / help.
First, I know nearly nothing about 3d printing and do not have a printer so any advice is very welcome.

My goal would be to create a 4" wide by 2" deep by 6"+ high rounded rectangle tube.
Here's the link to the Eheim for reference - https://eheim.com/en_GB/aquatics/acc...feedingstation
I am thinking wall thickness around 5mm?

Where this differs from the Eheim Feeding Station would be a pattern printed into the bottom of the tube to keep fish out.
Something like the following:
unnamed.jpg

I'm planning to use an acryllic panel as the lid for the tank. My thought was to cut a hole in that and have the feeding station have a lip that simply rests on the lid.
I tried to model it in Skeptchup... first time for that too.
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 3.52.03 PM.png

If I understand correctly there are shops that will print a file, but I am guessing a Sketchup file is not what they want.
Additionally, I can't really figure out how to model out the pattern for the inside of the tube.

So... my questions... does this seem like a reasonable print?
With part of it in contact with water 100% of the time am I asking for trouble?
Has anyone else printed something like this? I went through the files at Thingverse but didn't find anything similar.
From the reading I've done it seems like PET-G or ABS are the suggested materials for aquarium related printing. Yes? No? Something better?
What's the tool I want to explore to create something that is printable? Or should I look to get this part done for me?
Any advice on the "I don't own a printer but want something printed" front? Are there popular resources or ones that you would recommend?

Thanks very much in advance.
Will