Thread: PMUP and Optical Sensor Bracket

Hydroponics Guy

PMUP and Optical Sensor Bracket

During Friday's MACNA event, I saw a cool bracket during one of the presentations. I'm not sure if it was Terrace or the cool, reef doctor. Basically, it slipped over the output stem of the PMUP and stuck out an inch or so with a hole to mount an optical sensor. So you could mount your low water sensor right on the PMUP to trigger the shut off.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't suppose anyone has an STL file for that bracket, do they?

Frequent Visitor
    I have not seen that but could probably make one for you. If you find a picture post it and I will publish an stl.

Hydroponics Guy
    Thanks, Gotfrogs. I'll draw up something. I'm still way too novice with 3D printing to design an item from scratch. One curious thing, the optical sensors have different thread lengths depending on if you bought an OS-1-M or the original OS-1. I'll take some pics and do some measuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderson234 View Post
    Thanks, Gotfrogs. I'll draw up something. I'm still way too novice with 3D printing to design an item from scratch. One curious thing, the optical sensors have different thread lengths depending on if you bought an OS-1-M or the original OS-1. I'll take some pics and do some measuring.
    The OS-1 and the OS-1M are the same sensor; the difference is the inclusion of the magnetic mount in the OS-1M.
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Hydroponics Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The OS-1 and the OS-1M are the same sensor; the difference is the inclusion of the magnetic mount in the OS-1M.
    I thought so, too. But when I tried a MagClip with the first few sensors, I could swear there wasn’t enough thread to get the nut on. I’m busy today (Honey-do Day), but I’ll get a few of each out later and figure out if I’m just off my meds

Frequent Visitor
    I can add a hole for an optical sensor to the PMUP mount i made if anyone is interested in trying it out...

this is a link to the original one without a sensor hole

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3009614