Thread: I'm sure the answer is NO

NSI Member

I'm sure the answer is NO

I know that every post I start is due to frustration, and this one is no different. I promise to limit my passive aggressive behavior and simply ask the question.

When using a COR20 as a closed loop, how can I take advantage of pump profiles for the WAV such as "rincon", "malibu", "maverick" etc...? My research is pointing to the fact that currently there isn't a way to do it. If that's true, is there a way to get creative and use virtual outlets to mimic something close? And lastly, is this some way to request this for a future firmware upgrade?

Thanks
    Jimmy

Nope. You can kind of mimic those modes using a combination of pump and ramp profiles that are triggered by pseudo random OSC statements. There is also the option to do the same method I use for my gyre if you have an unused 0-10V output. What I do is set intensities in both the gyre and the spare varspd to be the same sine wave looking graph and then made some virtual outlets that trigger certain profiles when the spare varspd is within certain windows with the percent command.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

From the COR User Guide:

Only the Ramp type profile may be used with a COR. All other types of APEX profiles, including the Pump profile type, are not supported.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

NSI Member
    I understand that Russ, I was inquiring a bit more guidance than that. Is it worth asking to have that put on the wishlist for future integration or would I be wasting my time?

Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    I understand that Russ, I was inquiring a bit more guidance than that. Is it worth asking to have that put on the wishlist for future integration or would I be wasting my time?
    It's probably excluded for technical reasons. If I were to venture a guess, the COR probably cant handle speed changes that quickly so it was disabled completely to prevent someone from using something like a 0-100 pump with 0.1s duration that would definately damage it.

You can still get by with ramps triggered by VOs that use any combination of time, percent (if you have spare varspds), and OSC.

Frequent Visitor
    Since you can't use the different WAV profiles, and like Zombie said, to use virtual outlets and various ramp profiles, wouldn't it be easier to simply use
    the Wizard and plot a bunch of different points along the timeline at different output percentages. This would have the ramps built in.
    The points would need to have a minimum of 5 minutes between them. Not sure on the total number of point you can have, but if there isn't
    a set number of points, then based on 24 hours, you could have 288 points, which I would think is a bit extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Member No 1 View Post
    Since you can't use the different WAV profiles, and like Zombie said, to use virtual outlets and various ramp profiles, wouldn't it be easier to simply use
    the Wizard and plot a bunch of different points along the timeline at different output percentages. This would have the ramps built in.
    The points would need to have a minimum of 5 minutes between them. Not sure on the total number of point you can have, but if there isn't
    a set number of points, then based on 24 hours, you could have 288 points, which I would think is a bit extreme.
    There is a maximum but I don't remember what it is (128 sounds right but I'm not sure). What I would do personally is use the wizard to create an overall tidal "feel" to the cor and then use a few ramp profiles triggered by pseudo random VOs (probably 4 or so) to mix it up and add a little turbulence.

Neither of the two previous posts are correct. A COR output is, for practical purposes, not limited in the number of program line (or tdata points). There is a limit to the amount of program data that that can be applied - essentially, it's the total number of characters in the program which has a maximum. That translates to approximately 85 tdata lines or schedule points.

Jimmy, since it has been clarified that you cannot use WAV profiles for a COR, let's move on to what one CAN do - help us help you by telling us how you would like to operate that COR.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Russ,

I will need more clarification as to why my post is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Member No 1 View Post
    Russ,

I will need more clarification as to why my post is incorrect.
    You mentioned having up to 288 data points, which is not possible.

Frequent Visitor
    Just for clarification:

"Not sure on the total number of point you can have, but if there isn't
    a set number of points, then based on 24 hours, you could have 288 points, which I would think is a bit extreme."

I said I wasn't sure if there was a limit, and then went on to state that if there wasn't then based on a minimum of 5 minutes
    between points, the the most you could possible have would be 288 points.

Regardless, it’s not possible to do what you suggested might be possible. Don’t want anyone to waste their time trying to do it and then hitting the brick wall after defining around 85 points

Frequent Visitor
    Gotcha,

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Jimmy, since it has been clarified that you cannot use WAV profiles for a COR, let's move on to what one CAN do - help us help you by telling us how you would like to operate that COR.
    Thanks Russ,

Ultimately, I would like to see a quick option of various modes, seeing that it's not possible, I would like to get as close as possible to a random flow a lot like maverick or malibu. Not sure if what was said above about the pumps not capable of quick changes is true, perhaps a COR version of those modes that fit within the pumps capabilities.

Frequent Visitor
    Out of curiosity, if you plan on using the COR on a closed loop, which I would imaging would have multiple outlets all connected to the same COR, how do you propose
    to achieve a random flow as opposed to random surges from the outlets.
    To me, random flow would change intensity and direction.

NSI Member
    The plan is to use 2 COR pumps, I haven't purchased them yet. I learned my lesson from the purchase of the latest Apex to do a little bit more research to ensure that it's going to work the way I intended. I've absorbed that cost and have moved on. Now, I figured the platform in which all these neptune products were built, would set them apart from other competitors and give a vast array of options in which to control them. I get that they look cool on the dashboard and kudos to the software engineers for that. I would just like to use them in a way that isn't necessarily mainstream [yet].

I'm trying real hard to experience what I felt when I was first introduced to the Neptune equipment. It used to be that your imagination was the limit at the capacity of what this platform can operate. It woke the inner child and brought great joy to the user. Now I feel that all the fun has been taken away and we're only able play within certain boundaries. There's a lot of functionality can can be brought to the forefront to make user experience pleasurable, but it seems that the behind the scenes conversations have shied away from the user innovation to make way for ease of use.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I hope in your quest, you are able to accomplish what you started out to.

I myself have wished I could perform a function, only to find out that the Apex isn't capable. Not do to lack
    of programming skills, but the actual functionality of the Apex.

It can be a little frustrating.

But in the long run, I keep adding more programing, more modules, more gadgets.

NSI Member
    Zombie, you're inbox is full, I can't send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    Zombie, you're inbox is full, I can't send you a PM.
    Cleared some space