Thread: DOS ideas

Frequent Visitor

DOS ideas

I have a DOS and was going to use it for AWC ever got that far. I was going to then use it to do Calc and Alk, but got a wicked deal on a calc reactor. So that being said I have never used my DOS.

What other things can I use this for? I am not sure what I want to dose to my tank (acro power, fuel) I am running an SPS tank need some ideas

can the dos do something based on a float switch in an ATO container for example?, if float is low and filling up can I trigger DOS to add s

Need something to put this thing to use

Frequent Visitor
    I have 2, one is used for daily AWC's and for the second DOS, I use one side for ATO, the other to feed my Kalk reactor. Which by the way is hadley used.
    I was using it to feed my CaRX, but have since started using the new Kamoer continuous duty dosing pump.

You could use it with floats to fill the ATO container. It would take a while, as the DOS will not run continuous.

Frequent Visitor
    If you're going to run Kalk you will likely need to supplement magnesium. I use the DOS for MAG, only small issue is MAG needs to be stirred, so I added a small AutoAqua ATO pump (2-3 watts) to my MAG reservoir and it works like a charm. Of course the other function could be Kalk delivery, which IMHO DOS is designed for since Kalk needs to be added very slow to stop pH spikes.