Thread: How to power solenoid

How to power solenoid

How do you power the Neptune apex solenoid. I have a UK apex classic, the older one not the new one thanks. Don't have a 1 link. Would just like to plug it straight into the apex energy bar if poss.

NSI Member
    The electrical connection on this solenoid valve fits the DC24 accessory ports found on the Neptune Systems FMM (Flow Monitoring Module), 1Link, and Energy Bar 832 products
    I'm sure you already knew that. Another option if you want to be able to control it via the energy bar is, you will have to purchase a 24VDC power supply and splice the solenoid to it. Although cutting wires and splicing them to a DC power supply would make most Apex users cringe.... It's the only way to get the older eb to control it.

Purchasing the correct module would be the better choice.

Thanks, do you know if the solenoid plugs directly into the fmm module. If it does how then is the fmm powered. Basically if I buy the module and solenoid would I have what I need or do I still need a 24v power supply. Not sure what the fmm module comes with out of the box

NSI Member
    DC24 ACCESSORY PORT BUILT-IN!
    The FMM has another trick up it’s sleeve. In addition to the four sensor ports, the FMM also has a DC24 accessory port and a power supply input. This adds another controllable outlet to your Apex set up. So, for instance, if you do want to make your own ATO and attach our available PMUP or Solenoid Valve, you can do so. Simply add our 36W 24V DC power supply (available separately).
    Looks like it is sold separately