Thread: Unable to update configurations or access Apex locally

Frequent Visitor

Unable to update configurations or access Apex locally

Just a little background so we don't waste time on the beginner stuff

I've been in IT for 30 years and have a pretty good background in networking. Sometime in the last month or so, I've lost the ability to update configurations. I also can't get to the Apex locally, but Fusion itself I can get to.

All of the typical network settings are fine. My DNS/Gateway settings are 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0. The device IP is 192.168.1.12. All network settings on the Apex match what I have setup in my router. The first pic is the error from Fusion on configuration updates. The 2nd is the Apex info from my router and the third is what I see what I try and access the router using the IP.

fusion error 1.JPGapex IP.JPGapex local.jpg

I've turned on/off DHCP on the Apex several times and rebooted it and still having the same issues. I'm attaching a few pics of the router info and apex info so you know what's going on.

Thanks,

Michael.

Have you checked your router for channel selection? I've had similar spotty connection issues when my nighthawk had the bright idea of putting me on channel 2 when 1 and 6 were most congested.

Did you remember to clear your browser cache after doing the latest AOS update?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Have you checked your router for channel selection? I've had similar spotty connection issues when my nighthawk had the bright idea of putting me on channel 2 when 1 and 6 were most congested.

Channel select is on Auto for both radios. My router is an Arris NVG443B and has both a 2.4(channel 1 currently) and 5gh transmitters. I didn't clear cache, can give it a shot.

Frequent Visitor

Cleared cache, cookies and still no go after rebooting apex.

New User
    If you go into the Apex from the controller, what does it give you as an IP address there?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by miroch View Post
    If you go into the Apex from the controller, what does it give you as an IP address there?
    It's already listed above, 192.168.1.12.

New User
    But if you've changed the DHCP settings your IP address may have changed.

Frequent Visitor
    But if you've changed the DHCP settings your IP address may have changed.
    I haven't changed DHCP settings. The Apex address is still 192.168.1.12.

New User
    http://www.neptunesystems.com/ApexBrowse_pc.zip

Download the browse utility and see if it gives you the same info

Frequent Visitor
    http://www.neptunesystems.com/ApexBrowse_pc.zip

Download the browse utility and see if it gives you the same info
    Already did that a while back. It shows the same IP as indicated above. Fusion now is acting very oddly. I will turn the main pump to off from auto and it will turn back to auto a few seconds later. It did the same thing for several other outlets. No idea what is going on???

New User
    Why does your 3rd pic show the background to Fusion? The background should be solid grey for Apex Local. When you log into apex local, does it still ask for login credentials?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Already did that a while back. It shows the same IP as indicated above. Fusion now is acting very oddly. I will turn the main pump to off from auto and it will turn back to auto a few seconds later. It did the same thing for several other outlets. No idea what is going on???
    That behavior means it failed to send the apex the message to change the outlet. This is a sign of a poor network connection somewhere along the chain.

Have you checked the wifi channel with a channel analyzer app? I'm still leaning toward channel interference or poor wifi strength.

Frequent Visitor
    That behavior means it failed to send the apex the message to change the outlet. This is a sign of a poor network connection somewhere along the chain.

Have you checked the wifi channel with a channel analyzer app? I'm still leaning toward channel interference or poor wifi strength.

That I have not done. They are in the process of releasing a new switch which should bump me up to 12mb or so down. I need to have my tech throttle me down a bit I think because I'm close to my max right now. That might solve the problem as well. What's a good app for analyzing channel performance?

- - - Updated - - -

Why does your 3rd pic show the background to Fusion? The background should be solid grey for Apex Local. When you log into apex local, does it still ask for login credentials?
    No idea, I didn't write the interface

I don't even get to the login screen, what you see is what happens when I try to load the page.

Frequent Visitor

For whatever reason, I was able to finally hit the local address tonight.
    Capture.JPG

That I have not done. They are in the process of releasing a new switch which should bump me up to 12mb or so down. I need to have my tech throttle me down a bit I think because I'm close to my max right now. That might solve the problem as well. What's a good app for analyzing channel performance?

- - - Updated - - -

No idea, I didn't write the interface

I don't even get to the login screen, what you see is what happens when I try to load the page.
    I use wifi analyzer from Google play.

Why does your 3rd pic show the background to Fusion? The background should be solid grey for Apex Local.
    Your forum profile says you have an Apex Classic so I suspect you are thinking of the Classics’s built-in web interface which has a solid dark gray background. That is called the “Classic Dashboard”, not “APEX Local”. APEX Local is the embedded web interface in the two newest Apex models, and it has the same look & feel as APEX Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Your forum profile says you have an Apex Classic so I suspect you are thinking of the Classics’s built-in web interface which has a solid dark gray background. That is called the “Classic Dashboard”, not “APEX Local”. APEX Local is the embedded web interface in the two newest Apex models, and it has the same look & feel as APEX Fusion.
    I now have the newer apex, sorry, profile isn't updated.

I now have the newer apex, sorry, profile isn't updated.
    I’d quoted miroch’s post - my reply was to him.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.