Thread: ATK - Overfilling ... how to uninstall ?

Regular Vistor

ATK - Overfilling ... how to uninstall ?

I started having issues with the ATK today for the first time since its install in April this year. It had been running great since April (6months). This morning I was checking Apex-Fusion and realized that there was an extra FMM module installed and one was disconnected. I only have two FMM's but the module page in Fusion was showing three with one being disconnected.

The FMM with issue has:
    > Opt sensor = ATO_LO
    > Opt sensor = ATO_HI
    > Opt sensor (tank overflow area)
    > Flow Sensor (2in Return)

All of the sensor have been manually configured since install in April.
    The FMM has never had an external power connector. Only the four sensors and an Aquabus.
    The PMUP is powered by a 24v on the EBR832 on the right side of my tank.

FMM mounting area is perfectly dry and away from any moister.

After I deleted the disconnected Module and reconfiguring the other to try and rectify this issue I have had a couple issues.

The first issue was that the Virtual Outlet that is associated with the Optical Sensor for my Tank overflow level was not turning ON when the Optical Sensor was Closed. It always worked but now for no reason it would not turn on. After a significant amount of time messing with it and for no logical reason it started working again on its own. I had the overflow filled with water and the sensor was Closed but the Virtual Outlet would not turn on as it has always in the past. Then all the sudden after more than six attempts is magically starts working.

So, after that seems to be fixed now my ATO will not work properly

* All three Opt sensors and the Flow sensor are manually configured

The first issue is that the ATO would fill up and not turn off until the "When On" statement timed out. Regardless of the fact that both LO/HI sensors were Closed.

I tried to use the Task in Fusion to recreate the Outlet/Switch for the ATO by using the ATK task and now I have two outlets for the ATO and its a mess and will not work right.

I cannot figure out how to remove the old ATO outlet

Old outlet: Name = 24v_EBR_ATO

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO_LO OPEN Then ON
    If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 003:00 Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON
    Defer 001:15 Then OFF
    Min Time 720:00 Then OFF
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF
    ---------------------------------------

New outlet: Name = ATK_24v_B

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO_LO OPEN Then ON
    If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    ----------------------------------------

How do I clean this mess up I have multiple ATO outlets (NEW/OLD) and the water just keeps filling no matter what the sensors say.

Help

Check your inputs and module page to make sure the sensor name is actually what is listed for that FMM. It looks like something happened that caused the FMM to be rediscovered as a new module and your code is pointing to the old aquabus address.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I checked the Modules and Inputs

Modules:
    Modules.jpg

Inputs:
    Inputs.jpg

Apex UI:

apex UI.PNG

Old outlet config page:

Old ATO outlet.PNG

New outlet config page:

New ATO outlet.PNG

Does the naming look correct

And does the FMM have to be on Addr 7 or is 8 ok ?

Regular Vistor
    FMM sensor config page show manual selection

FMM - sensor config page.jpg

Are you using a apex atk package?

Regular Vistor
    Yes, i bought the ATK kit/package.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/atk-a...e-systems.html

I have the PMUP connect to the Engery Bar EB832 instead of the FMM

I also have the kit. I found that it works alot better as a stand alone. I do have the power connection to my 832 also. That way, if i hear the alarm, i shut it off from my phone lol. Any way, make sure you have that little white valve (like a checkvalve with hole in the side, slanting in one direction)in your top-off tank, in the correct direction, ABOVE the top off tank water line. Some times if i over fill my top off tank i cause a siphon. That was my problem in the beginning lol. If that doesn't do it, lower the time the pump runs. Hope that helps.
    Ps. The hole in the little valve should be angled downward.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDGID View Post
    I also have the kit. I found that it works alot better as a stand alone. I do have the power connection to my 832 also. That way, if i hear the alarm, i shut it off from my phone lol. Any way, make sure you have that little white valve (like a checkvalve with hole in the side, slanting in one direction)in your top-off tank, in the correct direction, ABOVE the top off tank water line. Some times if i over fill my top off tank i cause a siphon. That was my problem in the beginning lol. If that doesn't do it, lower the time the pump runs. Hope that helps.
    Ps. The hole in the little valve should be angled downward.
    I have the siphon break installed correctly , thank for checking.

----------------------

My problem is that the ATO will not operate according to any programming because it is confused as to which outlet is operating the LO/HI sensors.

The problem is that after an odd Apex FMM error and trying to resolve issues I have two ATO Outlets installed in the Dashboard.

The ATO / PMUP will turn on using old Outlet "24v_EBR_ATO" (Device ID of 3_9) Manually. But it will not turn off. If set to Auto it will just stay on and not operate via the Optical LO/HI sensors or the programming in the new Outlet "ATK_24v_B" which has matching Device ID of the sensors.

The New Outlet created using the Task feature steps in Fusion created an outlet named "ATK_24v_B" (Device ID 8_1) this matches the sensor names of of all four sensors attached to FMM 8 . But it still only wants to to turn on and not off using the old outlet.

It is confused by the two outlets. I cannot find out how to Remove/Uninstall the outlets created from the Task feature to try and fix this.

* Note

to clarify the PMUP turns on when in (Auto or ON) from the Old device outlet. And the PMUP will not turn off according to programming and sensors. The PMUP is running full force. If I switch the PMUP off manually using the old outlet then it will turn off. If I switch it on Auto then it will turn on and stay on. It does not work via the New outlet that has matching device ID of the FMM.

The ATO Water enters the return section of sump at about 7" above the water line. It is loud (by purposeful design) and there is no mistaking the difference between the flow of a siphon and when the PMUP is on. You can also hear the PMUP motor too.

Regular Vistor
    Conficting ATO outlets.png

FMM - addr 8.PNG

....... new PMUP outlet , unfortunately this will NOT turn the PMUP on .........
    PMUP - outlet - addr 8.PNG

ATO LO - addr 8.PNG

ATO HI - addr 8.PNG

Regular Vistor
    Had to post new reply as too many attachements

....... the problem outlet which turns the PMUP on but will NOT allow it to turn off OR work according to any programming .......

Old -- PMUP - addr 3.PNG

Serenity Now !

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Check your inputs and module page to make sure the sensor name is actually what is listed for that FMM. It looks like something happened that caused the FMM to be rediscovered as a new module and your code is pointing to the old aquabus address.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Please look at the pics above. and my post.

I notice that the new outlet created by the Fusion ATK task has its location described as on the "Assessory Outlet on the FMM". and the old outlet has its location on the "24v EB832 ".

My PMUP is connected to the Energy Bar 24v so this is where the conflict occurs.

I need the New outlet to show its location on the EB832 energy bar 24v connector.

? How to remove these outlets that where created by Fusion "ATK" task ?

? How to reset the FMM module ?

? How can I just start over from scratch ?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SUB-SS View Post
    Please look at the pics above. and my post.

I notice that the new outlet created by the Fusion ATK task has its location described as on the "Assessory Outlet on the FMM". and the old outlet has its location on the "24v EB832 ".

My PMUP is connected to the Energy Bar 24v so this is where the conflict occurs.

I need the New outlet to show its location on the EB832 energy bar 24v connector.

? How to remove these outlets that where created by Fusion "ATK" task ?

? How to reset the FMM module ?

? How can I just start over from scratch ?
    List all of your outlets and note the full "DEVICE" in the list, you'll notice 3_9 and 3_10 for your EB and 8_1 for your FMM. The 3 is the module (EB832 in your case) and 9 and 10 are your 24v outlets. You can name them anything you like and display them on Fusion. The same goes for module 8 (FMM in your case) and 1 is the one and only 24v outlet on the FMM (you have to add a 24v Power supply if you want to use it - the AC adapter comes with the ATK) you can name it DO-NOT-USE-8-1 and remove it from your Fusion display. Then change your code the reference the actual pump.

Ahh, I gotcha. I would "remove" the module from the system and start over. If you click on the modules button, theres a drop down menu. Click remove and start from scratch. I had the exact same problem, so now i just don't connect the usb. I use it as a stand alone. Works flawlessly. I just have the plug connected to the 832. Anyway, good luck.... if you resolve it, let me know, thanks