Thread: My doser is not pumping It’s about one year old. It turns but only air no liquid. Is the pump head broken. What do

Regular Vistor

My doser is not pumping It’s about one year old. It turns but only air no liquid. Is the pump head broken. What do

Help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    If it's spinning but, nothing, your assumption is likely correct, the heads are just a tube with rollers running over them every time the pump turns on. IMHO they have lasted longer than I expect, but I get about a year on 80,000ml / day, which is better than I have read. They are about $30, usually in stock at BRS.

It's possible they need replacement. Have you tried reseating the tubing and/or trying a different piece of tubing in case yours cracked somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor

DDR

So my doser is still not working right after replacing pump heads. A waste of money. But I did test the fittings on the ddr and it seems when I dip the tube in container directly, it draws a siphon. So how do I fix the fittings. Anyone?

Regular Vistor
    I replaced the pumps but still a problem. When I dip the tube in the container it draws a siphon. It seems the fittings are not tight enough. Yes I recut the tube and pushed down till it snapped .

Disassemble it and put it back together making sure the hardware and soft tubing get pressed in all the way. Pressing until it snaps is not far enough.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My doser is not pumping It’s about one year old. It turns but only air no liquid. Is the pump head broken. What do

Please do not start a new thread when you already have an active existing thread about the same issue. I have merged the second thread you started with the original.

If you are positive the flexible tubing is fully seated inside the push-fit fitting, there are two likely possibilities - the seal between the rigid tube and the push-fit fitting is not intact or there is something else wrong inside the push-fit fitting, perhaps the tiny O-ring is dislodged.

You can do a test - carefully remove the DDR tube - it unscrews. Blow through the connected flexible tubing to see if you can determine if there’s leakage around the rigid tube/push-fit joint or if there’s leakage within the push-fit back around the flex tubing.

Contact Neptune tech support about getting replacement DDR tube(s) if need be.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.