Thread: Program COR to maintain a water level in overflow?

Regular Vistor

Program COR to maintain a water level in overflow?

Hi, I have an overflow with a 1" suction drain with gate valve in sump and a 1.25" drain that I use as emergency drain and I trickle a little water down to maintain the water level in the overflow near the top to reduce noise. I have a new COR pump and I would like to add 3 water level sensor in the overflow so that I can maintain the water level between two of the sensors positioned just below the top of the emergency drain so that I do not need to trickle water down it any more. The third sensor would be position high in the overflow and use as as backup to shut down pump. Right now I need to trade off COR flow rate and the gate valve position to get desired flow rate and a trickle down the emergency drain. For example, lets say for current valve position COR is running at 50%. My thinking is to just bounce the COR between two fixed flow values, for example 50% and 48% based on feedback from the two lower level sensors. The water level would slowly oscillate between the two sensors. Below is outline of some apex code. Looking for some suggestions from the community.

Thanks,
    John

==snip==

OverflowSet OFF
    If Switchname1 OPEN Then ON

OverflowHI
    Set OFF
    If Switchname2 OPEN Then ON

OverflowLo
    Set OFF
    If Switchname3 OPEN Then ON

Cor advanced tab
    (flow control logic here?)
    If Output Overflow = ON Then OFF

That's what I would do, except I would set up IQ for the higher percent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I think it might be possible to achieve similar result without 3 sensors (eliminating lower one). The logic would reduce the flow rate whenever the water level reaches the OverflowHI level to a lower flow rate for a certain period of time and then return it back to the normal flow rate. So the water level will oscillate below the sensor. Performance can be tuned by adjusting the two flow rates and the period of time when flow is reduced to the lower rate.

Regular Vistor
    The following appears to work well. Pump spends most of its time at lower 35% as the water level slowly falls. Then every 4-6 minutes the pump increases to higher 40% rate for less than a minute, raising the water level to engage sensor again. The water level is just slightly below the top of the overflow drain.

Overflow
    Set OFF
    If SWX3_1 CLOSED Then ON

OverflowSet
    Set OFF
    If SWX3_2 CLOSED Then ON

Cor
    Fallback ON
    Set 40
    If FeedA 005 Then 1
    If Output OverflowSet = ON Then 35
    If Output Overflow = ON Then OFF

Frequent Visitor
    You should be able to fine tune the flow rate between the 2 controls that you have (COR flow and Gate valve on the drain) to achieve a very steady water line without having to resort to using optical sensors.