Thread: HYDRA 52 Apex Fusion Setting

New User

HYDRA 52 Apex Fusion Setting

Hello all Hydra user. I'm trying to set my HYDRA 52 NON HD with apex. Since I'm new I want to set the Hydra and want to see how your "tdata" looks like for LPS and Softies Tank. I'm looking for 12hrs schedule.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

New User
    Anyone?

Frequent Visitor
    Are you using the AWM module?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    Are you using the AWM module?
    Yes, connected it apex classic using AWM

Frequent Visitor
    Have you tried using Profiles to set your color?

Non HD hydras are not terribly common on the forums since the AWM has been discontinued for a while. The spectrum and intensity will vary depending on your tank, so we can't tell you what is ideal. The best course of action would be to borrow a par meter from your local reef club and determine the intensity that would put 500 par on the highest parts of your tank at a spectrum that simulates between 10k-20k. That would be the highest intensity you should be willing to put in the graph at any time unless you have a full blown SPS tank. Then set it to ramp from a low intensity blue spectrum to a 10-20k max intensity and then back down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NSI Member
    You could hit the "Download scheme" button in the Apex Hydra setup. Then hit the Discover tab. You'll find a bunch of settings others have uploaded.

New User
    Currently I'm using one of those schemes. But mostly they for 24hrs. I'm looking for a 12hrs lighting schedule for 16" deep Tank with soft coral. Light is above 8" water.

New User
    There are not many schemes to pick from. I would like a scheme starts off slow about 11:30am I want things to grow so I need all the lights I think and about 13:00 should be at its high point til about 17:00 start to slowly gown down to blues until 21:00 off. Trying to make my own but in apex it seems to be really hard. Im using someone else scheme and trying to adjust and Ive spent 3 hours on it and im not sure I like what I have but I think its cause I cant get it right nor do I know what light should be at what percent. Any help would be great, I dont want to go back to AI cause I want to use APEX Par Meter to make sure some corals are not to high or two low to make them happy.

New User
    Zombie I hate to bug you, but I have been playing with the settings for hours now. Getting frustrated cause I cant seem to get it right. I do have the par meter and hydra 52HD are on apex. I have the par meter on the right. Here are a few pictures of tank, I also would be willing to give you access to apex if that would help. You seem to know so much! If you were closer I would buy you dinner or something for all your help. If there is another to say thank you please let me know. I really need help fine tuning this tank. Please PM if need be..
    20180925_225130879_iOS.jpg20180925_225144119_iOS.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Guntert; 09-25-2018 at 15:02. Reason: Better pictures, used filter next time Ill turn off flow

Quote Originally Posted by Guntert View Post
    Zombie I hate to bug you, but I have been playing with the settings for hours now. Getting frustrated cause I cant seem to get it right. I do have the par meter and hydra 52HD are on apex. I have the par meter on the right. Here are a few pictures of tank, I also would be willing to give you access to apex if that would help. You seem to know so much! If you were closer I would buy you dinner or something for all your help. If there is another to say thank you please let me know. I really need help fine tuning this tank. Please PM if need be..
    20180925_225130879_iOS.jpg20180925_225144119_iOS.jpg
    I don't offer that service. My goal being on the forums is to help others learn what to do and spread my knowledge around, and remoting in doesn't do that.

What I would do is find a spectrum you are happy with during the daytime and adjust the intensity until your sensor reads about 400-500 par. This would be your full intensity daylight. Then set your intensity pretty low and find a blueish spectrum that appeals to your eyes for "nighttime". I personally like 6 hours of total darkness, 6 hours of "nighttime" low intensity, 6 hours of ramping, and 6 hours of full intensity daylight.

Then just watch your corals (pictures help). If you see browning, bump the max intensity up or shorten the ramp period to give more full daylight. If you see bleaching, back off the intensity or increase the ramp time to reduce full daylight hours. If you see specific colors start to fade in corals, adjust the spectrum to increase that particular color. Coral colors are the algae reflecting that particular wavelength back at your eye, so increasing that same wavelength can help the coral pop. Just dont go overboard here, because the corals reflect that wavelength because they can't process it as well as other wavelengths so if you add too much of that wavelength you can cause bleaching as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thank you looking into it