Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running atk without float valve?

Regular Vistor
    Is there a standard assumed flow rate for the pmup? I know this will change with head height. My head height is about 3 feet so Im guessing it will be close the the 100gph that it is rated for. Should i just get it setup the way I would like and then turn the pmup on for a minute and measure how much it has dosed?

About 60 gph for 3 ft vertical. I thought you were using your BRS peri pump for ATO?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I can but i would prefer to keep that outlet for something else on the eb832 and use the 24V output for the pmup instead. Converting 60gph to ml/min is 3785ml/min. The maximum i can use in the OSC calculator is 1000ml/min. Maybe I should free up an outlet and just use the peristaltic 50ml/min pump from BRS. What do you think? Im guessing with that high of flow rate it will be hard to control dosing with the pmup.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanM View Post
    I can but i would prefer to keep that outlet for something else on the eb832 and use the 24V output for the pmup instead. Converting 60gph to ml/min is 3785ml/min. The maximum i can use in the OSC calculator is 1000ml/min. Maybe I should free up an outlet and just use the peristaltic 50ml/min pump from BRS. What do you think? Im guessing with that high of flow rate it will be hard to control dosing with the pmup.
    Personally I would use the peri pump for that level of evap with kalk. Another option is to restrict the flow on the PMUP by using extra tubing coiled up and change dosing to every hour instead of 30 min. Even that is gonna be difficult with your evap rate though since even if you can get 10ft of equivalent head, the flow rate is still like a 1 second dose per hour.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Ok, I got the peri pump hooked up. Ill wait until a day that I can have it on all day with me here and not at work to make sure it does not overflow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12