Thread: Displays

Frequent Visitor

Displays

What are people using for their displays nowadays? what has proven to be the best tablet or mobile device to use when you're display no longer works (or you bought a new apex that does not come with a display at all)? Is there something which does not disconnect or timeout from fusion? something I can just walk up to that is always connected, on and have relatively immediate access? My display is on the fritz and I would love to not have to buy another one.

thanks

Oren

Quote Originally Posted by epsteino View Post
    What are people using for their displays nowadays? what has proven to be the best tablet or mobile device to use when you're display no longer works (or you bought a new apex that does not come with a display at all)? Is there something which does not disconnect or timeout from fusion? something I can just walk up to that is always connected, on and have relatively immediate access? My display is on the fritz and I would love to not have to buy another one.

thanks

Oren
    If you had a 2016 apex, a tablet works well on it's own and the neptune display is completely unnecessary. With classic apex units, you pretty much have to have a neptune display or it can be a huge PITA. You could add a tablet, but I wouldn't nix the display on a classic.

On my 2016 unit, I use a fire 8 tablet running dolphin browser and it works decent but only shows 2 columns cause of some bug with the way it reports screen resolution. I got it used for $10 so I can't complain too much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Makes sense. I actually like the functionality of the display with the constant display and the instant feed cycles. thanks