Thread: Controlling magnetic stirrers timed with DOS ??

New User

Controlling magnetic stirrers timed with DOS ??

Hey all, I'm new to using the Apex system, but so far I love it.
    I have a client (I'm a maintenance guy) who is dosing liquid foods which are stored in a bar fridge next to the tank. The products need stirring before each use; the last guy had it set up with GHL stirrers and dosers but the lines kept blocking. I've switched it to dose with the DOS (larger diameter lines) and I'm trying to set up the magnetic stirrers (not GHL) to run just before the dosing. I thought it would be simple enough to control the stirrers via the energy bar, but damned if I can work out how to do it.
    Do I need to put some code in the configuration box? I'm clueless with that part.

I've done some searching this forum and googling but have come up blank. Although I did see a suggestion of reversing the DOS to return unused food to the fridge, I'd like to know how to do that as well.

You need to use the same procedure that is used for AFS. A virtual outlet to trigger the overall timings, another delayed VO to trigger a DOS profile that will feed the frozen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Bumping... I've tried to figure this out, but I just can't get my head around it. Any further detail or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vFeed
    Set OFF
    If Time Xx:xx to YY:YY Then ON

DOSfeed
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

DOSrev
    Set OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

Stirrer
    Set OFF

DOS
    Set OFF
    If Output DOSfeed = ON Then feedprofile
    If Output DOSrev = ON Then reverseprofile

Though it is better from my research if you tee a pump line into the fridge to flush the food through. Reversing will leave chunks of food that can dry out, rot and clog. Just make sure to keep the pressure low so it doesn't risk back feeding through the DOS.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

Though it is better from my research if you tee a pump line into the fridge to flush the food through. Reversing will leave chunks of food that can dry out, rot and clog. Just make sure to keep the pressure low so it doesn't risk back feeding through the DOS.
    Oh, so there is a constant small flow of aquarium water into the fridge? And then dose the food into that line? That would be pretty easy to do actually. I've been trying to work out a better way since there is currently about 3' of line between the fridge and the sump.

A really small flow wouldn't make the fridge work too much harder or affect the tank temp (it's 400 gallons).

I could actually then run that line directly to the return pump about 8' away so the food gets shot straight into the display tank.

Much appreciated.

The coding part I will have to look at later, but at a glance I think I can work that out

Quote Originally Posted by Peekay View Post
    Oh, so there is a constant small flow of aquarium water into the fridge? And then dose the food into that line? That would be pretty easy to do actually. I've been trying to work out a better way since there is currently about 3' of line between the fridge and the sump.

A really small flow wouldn't make the fridge work too much harder or affect the tank temp (it's 400 gallons).

I could actually then run that line directly to the return pump about 8' away so the food gets shot straight into the display tank.

Much appreciated.

The coding part I will have to look at later, but at a glance I think I can work that out
    Yep. The ones I have seen run an adjustable 1/4 manifold off their return and then send that through the fridge, tee the food into the line inside the fridge, and then run the tubing into the tank near the return outputs.