Thread: Energy Bar 832

New User

Energy Bar 832

Hi.

A week ago I bought in USA the Apex system. The ENERGY BAR 832 and the APEX BASE come in the box. I want to ask the manufacturer the total consumption that the system can reach, be it in watts or amperes.
    From already thank you very much!

The EB832 is not for suitable use in Uruguay - it must only be used in locales which have 120VAC 60Hz electrical power - specifically, in North America.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I know, I need to know the consumption in watts or amps to be able to use it with a transformer. I have heard cases that work well without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablouy View Post
    I know, I need to know the consumption in watts or amps to be able to use it with a transformer. I have heard cases that work well without problems.
    Its sensitive to frequency as well, so a transformer alone will not make it useable. The only way to truly make it work is to use a high quality frequency converter and these run about 1500 USD in the states for the size you would need. You are much better off selling the EB832 on Ebay and purchasing an EB6 (and a 1link if you need those ports). It won't void your warranty and potentially damage your apex like would be the case with a transformer, and it's a whole lot cheaper than a frequency converter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    What you should do is buy an EB6 in Europe that are 220v?

What you should do is buy an EB6 in Europe that are 220v?
    I believe you want the Schuko style (Type F), assuming your outlets actually look like that. Europe is one place you could get these. Most pages in Google said type C and type F were most common in uruguay, but type L and I were also mentioned, which wont work on a schuko without an adaptor.

New User
    Adapter here is achieved. What I was proposing was in addition to the schuko adapter, it is a transformer that passes the current 220v 50hz from the wall to 110v 60 hz from the Apex. Which I do not know if you can. I have a 110v skimmer running with a 220 to 110v transformer. That is why my query about whether Apex works with a transformer and its total consumption to be able to buy the transformer.

Adapter here is achieved. What I was proposing was in addition to the schuko adapter, it is a transformer that passes the current 220v 50hz from the wall to 110v 60 hz from the Apex. Which I do not know if you can. I have a 110v skimmer running with a 220 to 110v transformer. That is why my query about whether Apex works with a transformer and its total consumption to be able to buy the transformer.
    A transformer converts it to 110V 50Hz, not 60Hz. Only a frequency converter can change the frequency.

Frequency doesn't matter for universal power supplies or heaters, but matters a lot for things like AC pumps, magnetic ballasts, and non-universal power supplies (the EB832 uses non-universal supplies inside it). Pumps for example run at 83% the speed and 83% of their designed torque when run at 50Hz and designed for 60Hz. This causes stalls to occur very easily, which can damage the pump. Power supplies become less efficient and add more of what is called ripple voltage to the DC output. This ripple voltage can confuse communication, overheat sensitive components, etc that can cause damage to the sensitive electronics inside the apex.

New User
    I will try to bring the EB6 from Europe, do you know any distributor that can send it to Uruguay? So I get in touch with them. Thank you!

I will try to bring the EB6 from Europe, do you know any distributor that can send it to Uruguay? So I get in touch with them. Thank you!
    The distributor list is here

https://www.neptunesystems.com/distributors/

I would check with the Brazil distributor first as that would be much cheaper in shipping if they can get you the right version.

New User
    Thanks!!!

New User
    Will the eb6 work if im using 220v 60hz?

New User
    Thanks Zombie for the detailed explanation!
    I was also looking for that information