Thread: Can't get my Apex to connect to router

New User

Can't get my Apex to connect to router

I'm at my wits end here! I've done everything I can do to try and make the two get along but the Apex just keeps spitting out the same "SSID or Password are incorrect" when they aren't. I'm able to set the Apex to blue Wifi mode, connect to the hotspot with my Note 4, open apex.local, get to 172.16.0.1/wifi with no issues, select my SSID, type in router password, and then get told I'm giving the wrong password or picking the wrong SSID, which I'm not. I've tried setting the 2.4ghz channel to WPA2-Personnel and 802.11n only as per Apex requirements but same issue. Never had an issue with my old router before we moved (Asus NT56U), router at the new place is a TP Link Archer C60. From what I can tell there is no good reason they don't wanna play together, would love for someone to shine a light on this.

Can't do a wired connection without routing 25'+ of cable so would really love it if the Apex would just take to the new Wifi network.

Are you using spaces or odd special characters in your password? I believe there are restrictions there but I don't remember the exact details.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Nope, just the default provided eight number password provided by TP Link. Can't change the password to test something else either as I have neighbours that use the same router. I've even gone so far as to make sure there isn't a space after the default password when I type it in and there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPunisher View Post
    Nope, just the default provided eight number password provided by TP Link. Can't change the password to test something else either as I have neighbours that use the same router. I've even gone so far as to make sure there isn't a space after the default password when I type it in and there isn't.
    Is your SSID the same as your neighbors routers?

New User
    I believe we share the same one, the router itself is in our unit though if that makes any sense. Just based on signal strength alone when my list of possible network choices appears I'm definitely picking my router. I really can't figure out what the issue is here haha I've seen a few other users in older threads had issues with TP Link routers as well, so perhaps its just a brand thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPunisher View Post
    I believe we share the same one, the router itself is in our unit though if that makes any sense. Just based on signal strength alone when my list of possible network choices appears I'm definitely picking my router. I really can't figure out what the issue is here haha I've seen a few other users in older threads had issues with TP Link routers as well, so perhaps its just a brand thing?
    I would change your SSID to something different then if yo uh guys have the same SSID on different routers. The apex might not have distinguished between the correct router and is actually trying to connect to your neighbors.

Or are you saying that you share the same router but its physically located in your unit?

New User
    No I mean there is only one router between both units, its a house that has been split into separate apartments. Forgot to mention it in my original post but I also changed the routers encryption to AES as required by Apex. It might also be worth noting when the little loading blue cloud appears on the webpage stating is only takes a few minutes it takes me upwards of 10-15 minutes of waiting before I get the error message of wrong SSID or Password. Trying changing the SSID as you suggest, waiting on Apex to connect.

New User
    Tried changing SSID and even tried changing Password, no dice, still refuses to work for some stupid reason. I did some wandering around while I've been waiting for Apex to try and connect, I think I was simply being a fool about the router being shared between the two units. I'm now thinking they have their own as when I get near they're unit there is a fairly strong signal from a different SSID, so with that said, I guess tomorrow I'll have to go to my old unit and grab my router and set it up here at the new place as Apex clearly has some sort of issues with TP Link routers.

New User
    Well ended up swapping the routers as I said and wouldn't you know it instantly connected to the Asus router as if nothing had happened. So let this be a note to others, Apex seems to have issues with TP Link Routers for some reason.