Thread: HELP - ATK Code - Please explain...

Regular Vistor

HELP - ATK Code - Please explain...

,,,so I have a better idea on how it works. I am having issue with it after rerouting wires, etc and if I knew what each line did, I could troubleshoot myself :-) ALSO...when does it "error" which emails me.

I put notes behind the ones I think I know (correct if wrong):

Fallback OFF - Set to OFF if apex loses power?
    Set OFF - Typically off unless programming says otherwisw
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON - If low Level Off (does not see water), then turn pump on
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF - If high Level Closed (sees water), then turn pump off
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF - If pump runs more than 5 minutes, turn itself off
    Defer 000:10 Then ON - It wont turn back on until its been off for at least 10 seconds
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF - It wont turn off until its been off for at least 10 seconds
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF - ????

After letting Tasks reprogram ATK, it put this code in Email Alarm: If ATO-H CLOSED Then ON - Soooo, every time water level got to high sensor it turned off the pump BUT also emailed me of an Error?!? I took this line out...thoughts?

I also recall when I first setup ATK that the ATK kept turning itself off and sending me error emails...what line of programming did/does this? I recall my fix was to increase the time the pump could run before it was an error.

The When On statement not only turns the pump off when it activates, it also switches your Fusion tile to OFF position (so you have to manually switch it back to AUTO to get it working again) and also sends you the Error text.

The If ATO-H CLOSED statement is another safeguard against overfilling. You don't need to reference it in your email alarm code and it wasn't the source of the Error condition.

The Min Time statement tells the ATK how often it can operate. In the default case, not more than once every 60 minutes. The Min Time command is more intuitive if you just mentally leave out the 'Then' term.

If you're throwing errors and your system is mechanically working properly, it typically means that you need to let the pump run for longer (increase the When On time), and/or let it run more often (decrease the Min Time time).

Regular Vistor
    Great info, thanks!

So if the High level turns it off...what line sets the time it runs for? Many of the lines say OFF which apparently turns the ATK to off from auto.

The high sensor doesn't turn it off, it's just a safeguard. Think of it this way. The Apex is parsing the whole stack of commands every second or so. Whichever the final state is, is what it acts on. So once the low sensor is CLOSED (water over it), the third line is no longer true. So the Set line takes over, and the ATK pump shuts off. During normal function, the water level should cycle from variably below to just above the low sensor, and never reach the high sensor at all.

Regular Vistor
    Gotcha...soon as low low level Closed, pump stops.

Regular Vistor
    OK...all seemed fine. but hen I noticed the High Level in ATK, it showed up as closed when the water/pump should shutoff soon as low level is closed. I think pump running too long, maybe there is a minimum set for pump to run? Thoughts. here is my code.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:30 Then ON
    Defer 000:05 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutmojo View Post
    OK...all seemed fine. but hen I noticed the High Level in ATK, it showed up as closed when the water/pump should shutoff soon as low level is closed. I think pump running too long, maybe there is a minimum set for pump to run? Thoughts. here is my code.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    There is a 5 second delay in turning it off with the code you have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I made some adjustments and now it appears the pump is running too long and causing the ATO-High LEVEL to alarm. Could you please look over the latest programming and let me know what I can adjust where so that 1. ATK operates as it should. 2. If ATO-L is low for too long (issues) then alarm happens (not sure what that time frame should be).

ATO-PUMP
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    Min Time 010:00 Then OFF

ATO-LOW (Virtual Outlet)
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    Defer 010:00 Then ON

EMAIL-ALARM
    Set OFF
    If Power ENERGYBAR Off 000 Then ON
    If Power Apex Off 000 Then ON
    If Error ATO-PUMP Then ON
    If LEAK-1 CLOSED Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then ON
    If RODI-H CLOSED Then ON
    If Output RODI-LOW = ON Then ON
    If Output ATO-LOW = ON Then ON

Try 30 minutes instead of 10.

Regular Vistor
    HERE LIKE THIS?

ATO-PUMP
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Yeah. You need to increase the timer on the VO as well though.

If it still overfills after making this change, reduce the 5 second defer then off to a smaller value.

Regular Vistor
    Zombie...I appreciate the input but things just kept alarming so I used Tasks to get it back to normal setting from factory which are:

ATO-PUMP
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF

If I understood explanations from prior posts...when low level is Closed it will turn pump on and when low level is open it will turn it off BUT...wouldn't that last line make the pump run for 60 minutes before turning off?

I ask, because with the settings above...I am getting High Level Alarms...pump is running too long and filling up to high level causing alarm.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutmojo View Post
    Zombie...I appreciate the input but things just kept alarming so I used Tasks to get it back to normal setting from factory which are:

ATO-PUMP
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF

If I understood explanations from prior posts...when low level is Closed it will turn pump on and when low level is open it will turn it off BUT...wouldn't that last line make the pump run for 60 minutes before turning off?

I ask, because with the settings above...I am getting High Level Alarms...pump is running too long and filling up to high level causing alarm.

Thoughts?
    The last line means it must wait at least 60 minutes between fills.

The 4 second defer keeps it running an extra 4 seconds after the low closes.