Thread: HELP - What conditions for Error Emails?

Regular Vistor

HELP - What conditions for Error Emails?

I noticed I only have two lines and am sure there are many other things I should have listed under the Email Error Programming. Can you paste yours and/or make suggestions.

Set OFF
    If Error ATO-PUMP Then ON - If this flagged when the code "Min Time 060:00 Then OFF" under ATK?
    If LEAK-1 CLOSED Then OFF - Obvious
    Defer 000:20 Then ON - Does this prevent alarms from being sent out once every 20 minutes, correct?

What would the line of programming be to alarm if a Low Level Sensor is OFF for a certain period of time (so pumps have time to do their thing before sending alarm but if they don't...then I get alarm)?

See my other post about the second line.

The next line should be 'If LEAK-1 CLOSED Then ON' You want the alarm to go ON when the switch closes.

The Defer statement is used to keep an ON or OFF condition from taking effect immediately. In your case, it's 20 seconds. It adds a bit of hysteresis to the system and helps prevent false alarms. Notice that you also have Defers in your ATK code to help stabilize its operation.

There are a huge number of things you can set up alarms for. It really depends on how much you want to be bothered! Here's the code for one of my tanks, and some people have far more alarm conditions than this. The Outputs mentioned are virtual outputs, which are often specifically set up as alarm triggers.

For more on Apex programming, take a look at chapters 4-6 of this reference, and also the stickies on various subforums here which describe the most recent code additions.

Set OFF
    If ORP > 450 Then ON
    If ORP2 > 380 Then ON
    If Temp < 77.5 Then ON
    If Temp > 80.0 Then ON
    If Temp2 < 77.5 Then ON
    If Temp2 > 80.5 Then ON
    If pH < 7.90 Then ON
    If pH > 8.45 Then ON
    If pH2 < 7.70 Then ON
    If pH2 > 8.25 Then ON
    If Sal < 33.0 Then ON
    If Sal > 36.0 Then ON
    If LeakRB CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakLB CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakCF CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakS1 CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakS2 CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakS3 CLOSED Then ON
    If LeakRO CLOSED Then ON
    If Smoke CLOSED Then ON
    If Error TopOffPump Then ON
    If Error TopOffSlnoid Then ON
    If Output SkimCupFull = ON Then ON
    If Output TankWaterHi = ON Then ON
    If Output CO2Reminder = ON Then ON
    If Output RODILoTimer = ON Then ON
    If Output DDRLLowTimer = ON Then ON
    If Output DDRRLowTimer = ON Then ON
    If Output HeatersOn045 = ON Then ON
    If Output HeaterErr090 = ON Then ON
    If Output Heat1FailLoc = ON Then ON
    If Output OutputErr060 = ON Then ON
    If Output OutputErr300 = ON Then ON
    If Output SmpLoOpen060 = ON Then ON
    If Output SmpLoClsd240 = ON Then ON
    If Output SmpHiClsd025 = ON Then ON
    If Output ReturnFail = ON Then ON
    If Power EnergyBar1 Off 000 Then ON
    If Power EnergyBar2 Off 000 Then ON
    If Power EnergyBar3 Off 000 Then ON
    If Power Apex Off 001 Then ON
    If Power Apex Off 000 Then ON
    If Output PowerOut5Min = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:05 Then ON
    Defer 000:05 Then OFF

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutmojo View Post
    What would the line of programming be to alarm if a Low Level Sensor is OFF for a certain period of time (so pumps have time to do their thing before sending alarm but if they don't...then I get alarm)?
    Having an alarm condition if the low level sensor stays OPEN for too long is a very good idea! More than you might realize. Because if this optical sensor fails in the OPEN position (which has happened to me, and others), there is nothing keeping your return chamber level from dropping and dropping until your return pump sucks air, unless you notice it as I fortunately did.

In my case, if my low sensor stays OPEN for 60 minutes continuously, I know something is definitely wrong. (Yours might be different.) To get an alarm when this condition occurs, I create a virtual outlet:

[SmpLoOpen060]
    Set OFF
    If SumpLo OPEN Then ON
    Defer 060:00 Then ON

And then include this statement in my email alarm code:

If Output SmpLoOpen060 = ON Then ON

And you can create a similar VO and email statement to let you know if the sensor has been CLOSED for too long (which may be what you actually meant?)

Regular Vistor
    All those alarm statements for Orp, Temp, etc...cant those be turned on under setting of each of those? Do you have it turned on under settings and listed under email alarm? Is there a place for get audible alarm as well?

Thanks..

Yes, many alarms can be set individually in the settings. I prefer to have them in one place where I can review them all together. I don't also have the alarms activated in settings.

Audible alarm is only available if you buy the display module, which will generate two new tiles when connected. However it is possible to set up your own (much louder) audible alarm using an inexpensive piezo buzzer like this, one of the 24V outlets on the energy bar, and a bare wire cable to connect them. Then just program your alarm conditions into that outlet.

Regular Vistor
    OK...Something not quite right because I keep getting Low O Level Alarm. I must have some time setting wrong and as soon as its low, its sending alarm. I tried to change to 10 min but that didn't work ;-) Please help.

Here is whats under the Virtual Outet (ATO-LOW)
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    Defer 010:00 Then ON

Here is whats under the alarm: (EMAIL-ALARM)
    Set OFF
    If Power ENERGYBAR Off 000 Then ON
    If Power Apex Off 000 Then ON
    If Error ATO-PUMP Then ON
    If LEAK-1 CLOSED Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then ON
    If RODI-H CLOSED Then ON
    If Output RODI-LOW = ON Then ON
    If Output ATO-LOW = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then ON

Here is whats under the ATO/Pump (ATO-PUMP)
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

OK...Something not quite right because I keep getting Low O Level Alarm. I must have some time setting wrong and as soon as its low, its sending alarm. I tried to change to 10 min but that didn't work ;-) Please help.

Here is whats under the Virtual Outet
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    Defer 010:00 Then ON

Here is whats under the alarm:
    If Output ATO-LOW = ON Then ON

Here is whats under eh ATO/Pump:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-L OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-H CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF
    Your defer needs to be greater than 60 minutes because you have a min time 60:00 Then OFF in your ATO code. I personally would just replace it altogether with

If Error ATOname Then ON

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I feel like an idiot asking this now...but not sure where I should put the If ERROR ATO-PUMP Then ON instead of what defer? The goal of the Virtual Outlet was that if my low ATO Level Sensor in sump stayed low (OFF) for too long, then it would alarm me...which is telling me that the RODI Tank is not filling up correctly or enough (failed).

Let me add another thing I noticed...both my ATO low and High sensors are OPEN and nothing happening...so although pup should run when ATO-Low sensor is OFF, its not. Maybe te defer 30 ten n needs to be smaller?

thanks ahead of time for help - NOTE I updated the post have to have more detail for you.

I feel like an idiot asking this now...but not sure where I should put the If ERROR ATO-PUMP Then ON instead of what defer? The goal of the Virtual Outlet was that if my low ATO Level Sensor in sump stayed low (OFF) for too long, then it would alarm me...which is telling me that the RODI Tank is not filling up correctly or enough (failed).

Let me add another thing I noticed...both my ATO low and High sensors are OPEN and nothing happening...so although pup should run when ATO-Low sensor is OFF, its not. Maybe te defer 30 ten n needs to be smaller?

thanks ahead of time for help
    That would replace the VO entirely and you just add the line to your email. That condition becomes true when the ATO runs longer than 5 minutes.

Regular Vistor
    OKI...but I really wanted an alarm for sensor left open too long...then I could use it for other levels in RODI as well, etc.

Hoping t get it to work which will give me a better understanding of the programming so I don't have to ask about virtual outlet, etc. I added more info above which may help.Still don't understand why my pump isnot running nw even though low level. its deled I guess.

OKI...but I really wanted an alarm for sensor left open too long...then I could use it for other levels in RODI as well, etc.

Hoping t get it to work which will give me a better understanding of the programming so I don't have to ask about virtual outlet, etc. I added more info above which may help.Still don't understand why my pump isnot running nw even though low level. its deled I guess.
    It's because it fills for 5 seconds past the change from open to closed. Once this happens the pump has to wait 60 minutes to do its next fill even if the switch opens before that. On many sumps, the water level hasn't fully stabilized in that 5 second overfill and ends up opening back up before the 60 minutes has elapsed.