Thread: Dimming T5 and switching off

New User

Dimming T5 and switching off

Hi reef friends,

I would like to switch my T5 lights with dimmable ballasts. Currently I use a GHL EVG-AP-2F-HIC print with my profilux to dimm them. Recently I switched to Apex and I would like the dimming feature.

What I have;

2 x 54W dimmable armatures ( I've got two of them, thus 3 x 54W)
    1 dimmable Neptune Apex cable

Questions;
    1. Can I dimm both armatures with one dimming cable? I think only at the same time with one cable, right? Or because there are 4 cables (black, red, green and yellow) I can use one pair (black/red) for the first armature and one pair (green/yellow) for dimming the other unit?
    2. Do I put the power cable of both units in the EB6 to switch them completely off? Or can I switch them off with the Apex 0-10V ports? And thus save a port on my EB6?

You can parallel or daisy chain the varspd to use one port for both lights if you want.

Some T5 dont turn off completely at 0%. If yours does turn off, you don't need to plug into an energy bar. If yours don't turn off completely, you can use an outlet splitter to only use one outlet instead of two.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You can parallel or daisy chain the varspd to use one port for both lights if you want.

Some T5 dont turn off completely at 0%. If yours does turn off, you don't need to plug into an energy bar. If yours don't turn off completely, you can use an outlet splitter to only use one outlet instead of two.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I have made box that is powered separately en with waterproof connectors both armatures are powered. So I only need one outlet. So that is no problem. If I remember correctly I can't switch them off completely at 0%. That part (switch off) was done by the GHL print I used. A relay switched off when it needed to cut the power at 0%.

Thanks for your reply!