Thread: Did I "brick" my controller?

New User

Did I "brick" my controller?

Sunday, for no reason at all my classic apex got disconnected from fusion. Lights on the base and eb8s (and all modules for that matter) were flasing orange. I reset my router, no luck...I played around with it for 30 minutes or so before I disconnected everything and then powered up the eb8 and attached the base and everything seemed to work as usual again. I then reconnected everything and it appeared to work normally. Skip to Tuesday. At 10 am, it happened again. When I got home from work, I observed the same blinking orange lights on the eb8s and the base unit. I got it all up and running again but I then decided to update the firmware as there was a newer version available that I hadn't upgraded to yet. Maybe not my wisest choice. During the upgrade process, when the computer failed to connect to the apex after 10 attempts. I cancelled the process. Well, now I can't get the base to reboot. Anybody got any life saving advise?

Frequent Visitor
    How were the computer and Apex connected during the update? WiFi or Ethernet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    How were the computer and Apex connected during the update? WiFi or Ethernet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ethernet. And the base unit is connected by ethernet 24/7 not wifi

Try a firmware force and use a new ethernet cable in case that one got damaged. You do a firmware force by unplugging the base unit, starting the update, and then plufmg it back in after it says failed to connect a couple times. This forces the apex into the proper bootloader mode so the firmware will take. If you still experience problems, contact support. I had a similar problem once and it was a failed internal component.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk