Thread: Apex say 0%, prime hd on

Regular Vistor

Apex say 0%, prime hd on

Hello,

My apex says my prime HD is at 0%, as it should be, but the light is on and I think it was on all night. The my AI app is not showing that it is controlling the light. Any ideas on what may be going on.

Go to the modules page. Does the IOTA module show as disconnected?

Try power cycling the light.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I checked the modules page and it is showing connected and when I checked on the light again it seemed to be dimming properly. It must have reconnected itself. Has anyone else had these kind of drops in connections and is it possible to create an alarm when a module connection is lost? Thank you for your help RussM.

My AI Hydra 26HDs will, very rarely, lose their connection to the home network (typically just one of them.) Maybe once every couple of months. It might happen when there is some network instability from another cause, like enabling a guest network for example. When this occurs, the light will not receive any changes that the Apex tries to send it. The situation may correct itself, as in your case, or as Russ mentions, power cycling the light that isn't responding will fix it as well.

Regular Vistor
    For the second time this week, I have checked on my aquarium early in the morning when the lights should be off and it was on. I checked the module and it showed a green check mark and said it was ok and I also power cycled the light. The light returned to on when it connected to the WiFi after the power cycle. None of my other devices are showing signs of network issues and my network is usually pretty consistent. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    So I decided I was going to make sure my scheme for the light was saved and then I was going to disconnect the light from apex because it is being unreliable. The strange thing is that both fusion and apex local froze up when I clicked on the gear icon. I have to refresh the page or restart the app to unfreeze it. Other outputs, probes, etc still work fine after I have unfrozen fusion or local. It is only the prime HD that freezes up the apex. I thought this was an interesting turn of events.

Do you only have one Prime or multiple lights? If you have multiple, is it always the same one that becomes unresponsive?

The freeze is probably because the light sent something the Apex did not understand or got garbled in transmission across the network.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I only have one prime HD. Why do you think fusion and apex.local freeze when I try to enter the settings on the light?

Regular Vistor
    Sorry, I just reread your post and see your response to the freezing.

Regular Vistor
    The only way I could fix this issue was to delete the iota module because the apex would freeze if I tried to do anything else. My only other option for control was to cut power to the light, but this did not reconnect the light to the apex . I did also try rebooting the apex itself and that did not help either. A few hours after deleting the iota module, I reinstalled it and things seem to be working. I also contacted support to inform them of the issues so that they can hopefully make improvements in the future.