Thread: Can I use 1Link to power the APEX unit and detect a power failure?

New User

Can I use 1Link to power the APEX unit and detect a power failure?

I am trying to build a minimum setup when power fails to just drive my two WAV propellers connected to the 1link.

I don't have APEX connected to the AC power supply, but I am using the "USB like" connector to power it.

Can I have it connected to two sources of power via two of the "USB like" cables? One to the 1Link which is powered by UPS and the other one to the EB unit? And if the power to the EB fails, can I detect it?

In other words, I want the APEX to detect a failure on the non-UPS supply side, and then continue driving the UPS protected side via 1Link.

Thank you.

I think you can. Unplug your energy bars to verify that the base unit stays powered up with the 1link. If that is successful, plug an aux power supply between the base unit and the wall and use the If Power Apex statement to trigger your low power profiles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I can confirm the Apex will continue to run by the 1Link power supply. I had to reboot my Apex a while ago to get it to reconnect to the LAN and I turned off the power to the main EB and the modules in the fish room, but it didn't power off... Still had my modules in the salt mix are running and they were powering it. Had to go turn them off for it to shut off. Haha

As for detecting power out on the EB, I am not sure how you would as we only have the old style EB6 here in NZ

New User
    Yes, I can also confirm that APEX will run powered by the 1Link only. The original reason for my question was trying to avoid buying the AC power supply for the APEX just to detect the power failure. BTW which is exactly what Neptune suggests to use with the power detection feature turned on.

I am starting to guess that the power failure detection on the APEX unit is done via the external AC power supply and I will need to buy it to get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by jjencek View Post
    Yes, I can also confirm that APEX will run powered by the 1Link only. The original reason for my question was trying to avoid buying the AC power supply for the APEX just to detect the power failure. BTW which is exactly what Neptune suggests to use with the power detection feature turned on.

I am starting to guess that the power failure detection on the APEX unit is done via the external AC power supply and I will need to buy it to get it working.
    Yes... that is exactly how it works. The AC power supply is essentially a "sensor" for power loss