Thread: ATK/FMM Power supply

Former User

ATK/FMM Power supply

My son has just set up his ATK and has the FMM power outlet connected to the UK power bar.
    Is this correct or should it be plugged into a separate power wall outlet
    OR does the power even need to be connected at all if the aquabus cable is plugged into the main unit?
    Many thanks

The power supply is necessary.

Please see this sticky post: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ll=1#post96572
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Former User
    Thank you, Russ, for confirming that. Does it have to be powered by the power bar or can it be connected to a wall power outlet? Or Either?

This is what is showing in Fusion with it showing On all the time in Auto is that correct - Many thanks
    tScreen Shot 2018-10-11 at 15.33.38.png

Former User
    Sorry, Russ just read the link after I sent the first reply. So Energy Bar not recommended. If then connected to wall outlet will that affect it being ON all the time or will it still show as on in auto

Quote Originally Posted by mlandscape View Post
    Sorry, Russ just read the link after I sent the first reply. So Energy Bar not recommended. If then connected to wall outlet will that affect it being ON all the time or will it still show as on in auto
    You want it in AUTO. The orange ON status just means the pump is currently filling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Former User
    Thanks for your comment. YesThis I realise should be on Auto but the ON status seems to be showing all the time but it is not filling !!
    This is the code:

Fallback OFFSet OFF
    If Sw1 OPEN Then ON
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

Thanks for your comment. YesThis I realise should be on Auto but the ON status seems to be showing all the time but it is not filling !!
    This is the code:

Fallback OFFSet OFF
    If Sw1 OPEN Then ON
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    You plugged the power supply in the wall right?

Former User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You plugged the power supply in the wall right?

No sorry, it is still plugged in the EB6. I should explain that this is my son's Apex not mine. If you think changing it over will correct things I will ask him to do that and then let you know. I know the advice is not to use the EB6 but can it be if he wanted to?
    Does the code look correct?

No sorry, it is still plugged in the EB6. I should explain that this is my son's Apex not mine. If you think changing it over will correct things I will ask him to do that and then let you know. I know the advice is not to use the EB6 but can it be if he wanted to?
    Does the code look correct?
    The code is a good starting point for testing. Once it runs as expected you want to add the failsafes and filtering:

Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF

If it's still plugged into the EB6, eith move it to the wall or set that outlets code to

Fallback ON
    Set ON

Former User
    The code is a good starting point for testing. Once it runs as expected you want to add the failsafes and filtering:

If it's still plugged into the EB6, eith move it to the wall or set that outlets code to

Fallback ON
    Set ON

Thanks very much, I will get him to either move to a wall outlet or change code.
    Presumably, the code you have advised is the fail-safes and filtering. Can you just clarify exactly what they do please.
    I don't use the ATO myself so a little in the dark
    Thanks very much.

They do this

Makes it so the optical must be covered for 4 continuous seconds before turning off to filter out noise spikes and waves so the apex is "certain" the switch has fully changed state.

Prevents fill from occurring unless the last fill occurred more than 1 hour before. Prevents short cycling the pump.

Limits the maximum runtime of the pump in the event of optical failures, clogging etc. This can be tuned and the ideal value is 2-3 times the longest run in a 24 hour test period. 5 minutes is a good works okay for everybody out the box value but isn't ideal.

Former User
    They do this

Makes it so the optical must be covered for 4 continuous seconds before turning off to filter out noise spikes and waves so the apex is "certain" the switch has fully changed state.

Prevents fill from occurring unless the last fill occurred more than 1 hour before. Prevents short cycling the pump.

Limits the maximum runtime of the pump in the event of optical failures, clogging etc. This can be tuned and the ideal value is 2-3 times the longest run in a 24 hour test period. 5 minutes is a good work okay for everybody out the box value but isn't ideal.

Thank you very much. Really appreciate you helping us out of this. I will let you know how he gets on

Former User
    Everything now working OK Thanks once again for all your advice.