Thread: Classic without display?

Regular Vistor

Classic without display?

I obtained a used classic without the display unit. I would like to use this classic connected via a wired connection to my modem on fusion. I have a late model apex already running in fusion. Do I need a display unit to setup the classic in fusion? I don’t want to purchase one just to setup fusion. Is there something I’m missing?

Regular Vistor
    You need display to get a connection for apex classic for the first time, because you set up it only from display menu; after the connection you can use fusion without display.
    I try to do so, in case of failure display, only with another display it connected. That just my experience, and may be I am wrong.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for your reply. Could I purchase and connect the newest version (Grey) display? Or am I going to need to find the old classic display?

You do not have to buy a display. I do like having the display, but it is not required.

http://neptunesystems.freshdesk.com/...olutions/57841

Click the link above. Then click on one of the How to access your Classic Dashboard - ??? Links depending on if you use Windows or Mac. Follow the steps for the 2nd method.

After you have signed into the Classic Dashboard, you can generate a link token there using the Apex Fusion tile on the Classic Dashboard.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks RussM I do agree a display would be nice for audible alarms if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by 1lastcast View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Could I purchase and connect the newest version (Grey) display? Or am I going to need to find the old classic display?
    I don't have a Classic but I believe the current Display module is functionally identical to the old one, with just cosmetic differences.

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    I don't have a Classic but I believe the current Display module is functionally identical to the old one, with just cosmetic differences.
    Yes, you are correct.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I was able to follow the advice given and made it into the classic interface. Im using a mac and each time I try selecting anything i get a black white screen? I may try using a PC to see if the result is any different

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to follow the advice given and made it into the classic interface. Im using a mac and each time I try selecting anything i get a black white screen? I may try using a PC to see if the result is any different