Thread: Fusion shows connection when there is none?

Regular Vistor

Fusion shows connection when there is none?

Just set up my new EL and linked it to fussion and programmed all my outlets. Everything working great.

Decieded to see how well the EL would reconnect via Wifi, so i simulated an internet/router outage by unplugging my router for a while.

However, while my EL has no connection to Fussion, the fusion app on my iPhone pulls it up and gives me the impression that it is online when its not.

I verified this by trying to power off an outlet. Obviously the outlet did not go off, but fussion does not give me any error and would make me think i had control while away from home.

After 5-7 minutes i powered on my router and the EL reconnected as i expected. Then I was able to truly control the outlet during another test.

This is really weird. Why would fussion say i am connected when i am not?

You did not wait long enough. It can take up to 20 minutes before Fusion flags an Apex as disconnected.

When you turned off that outlet, the slider probably went back to the position it had previously been in after a few seconds, an indication that Fusion could not send the slider state update to the Apex. If you had tried to change a program or make other configuration changes, you’d have received an error message in a pink box about Fusion not being able to send the new program or other configuration change to the Apex.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the info, will try again and give it more time. Will the Orange light on the Apex change to another color to indicate it has lost network connection?
    And on another note, if I plug in an ethernet cable, will the Apex automatically use it instead of wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff67 View Post
    Will the Orange light on the Apex change to another color to indicate it has lost network connection?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by jeff67 View Post
    if I plug in an ethernet cable, will the Apex automatically use it instead of wifi?
    Yes
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you RussM. You were absolutely correct. I feel like such a noob. Had the Classic for several years, but going through a new set up from scratch has made me feel like a first timer again!