Thread: Change in ATO behavior without change in code

Regular Vistor

Change in ATO behavior without change in code

Hello guys.. So my PMUP ATO setup is acting weird. It is turning the tile from "Auto" to "Off" by itself and inconsistently. Sometimes it works fine for few days, others it won't stay in auto at all. This problem began after a power surge caused many faults with my EB832 and the FMM completely dissapeared from the setup. The code hasn't changed, but the behavior is erratic now. Here is my code.. Thanks in advance.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Salt < 32.0 Then OFF
    If SUMP_L OPEN Then ON
    If SUMP_F CLOSED Then OFF
    Min Time 058:00 Then OFF
    If Output ATO_Max_Time = ON Then OFF
    When On > 001:00 Then OFF

Quote Originally Posted by G550plt View Post
    Hello guys.. So my PMUP ATO setup is acting weird. It is turning the tile from "Auto" to "Off" by itself and inconsistently. Sometimes it works fine for few days, others it won't stay in auto at all. This problem began after a power surge caused many faults with my EB832 and the FMM completely dissapeared from the setup. The code hasn't changed, but the behavior is erratic now. Here is my code.. Thanks in advance.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Salt < 32.0 Then OFF
    If SUMP_L OPEN Then ON
    If SUMP_F CLOSED Then OFF
    Min Time 058:00 Then OFF
    If Output ATO_Max_Time = ON Then OFF
    When On > 001:00 Then OFF
    Your cond line is in the wrong spot. That needs to be after the sump low open line.

Your When timing is probably too short for your tank. Check the output log and make it at least 2-3 times the longest run in a 24 hour test period.

You didn't post the code for your ATO_Max_Time so that could potentially be causing problems too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    The other things that can cause this is a failing PMUP or a leaky water tube. I've had to replace 2 PMUPs in my ATO reservoir in the past 6 months. Even though they was only in RO/DI water, the PMUPs seized up. Neptune replaced them.

Another time I had this problem I discovered the 1/4" tubing had a bad connection at the siphon break fitting, so the water was just leaking back down into the reservoir instead of going into my sump, so the sump level remained low for too long and the APEX shut off the PMUP and set it to OFF.

Regular Vistor
    Im thinking this, the code was working great for over a year and now this weird issue. My PMUP still seems so pump fine when i manually activate it, i wonder if its starting to pull more current?

Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    The other things that can cause this is a failing PMUP or a leaky water tube. I've had to replace 2 PMUPs in my ATO reservoir in the past 6 months. Even though they was only in RO/DI water, the PMUPs seized up. Neptune replaced them.

Another time I had this problem I discovered the 1/4" tubing had a bad connection at the siphon break fitting, so the water was just leaking back down into the reservoir instead of going into my sump, so the sump level remained low for too long and the APEX shut off the PMUP and set it to OFF.

Regular Vistor
    This is my ATO MAX TIME code

Set OFF
    If Output ATO = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:23 Then ON

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Your cond line is in the wrong spot. That needs to be after the sump low open line.

Your When timing is probably too short for your tank. Check the output log and make it at least 2-3 times the longest run in a 24 hour test period.

You didn't post the code for your ATO_Max_Time so that could potentially be causing problems too.

This is my ATO MAX TIME code

Set OFF
    If Output ATO = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:23 Then ON
    Is that outlet in AUTO?

The When statement can't even be activated if that VO is in AUTO since its limited to 23 seconds anyway.

Regular Vistor
    wow.. ok.. it somehow triggers occasionally.. i have it set up to notify when it kicks in.. so obviously I'm not getting this coded right.. what would you guys change?

Thanks so much for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Is that outlet in AUTO?

The When statement can't even be activated if that VO is in AUTO since its limited to 23 seconds anyway.

Regular Vistor
    This is my log the last few hours..the sump is low.. so the max time is limiting the PMUP currently instead of the float switches

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 8.23.08 PM.png

wow.. ok.. it somehow triggers occasionally.. i have it set up to notify when it kicks in.. so obviously I'm not getting this coded right.. what would you guys change?

Thanks so much for the help!
    You need to use one or the other of the max time outlet (which self resets after an hour) or the when statement (which latches the outlet to manual OFF).