Thread: Preventing ATK Hi level alarm during maintenance

Frequent Visitor

Preventing ATK Hi level alarm during maintenance

Hi I have my feed D set to turn off my system for maintenance.

I added a line in the email alarm outlet that states
    If feed D 000 then off

However I still get the ATK hi level sensor alarming when I use this feed mode. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Frequent Visitor
    Set a virtual switch to turn it off.

I made a switch call maintenance and when on alrm is off and whatever pump device needed of when that's on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Order is very important when programming a block like that. If you want to supress an alarm, the block needs to go directly below what you want to supress and anything above it will also be affected. For that reason when I do high sump alarms I use a virtual outlet instead with code like this

HighH2O
    Set OFF
    If SwitchName CLOSED Then ON
    If Output ReturnName = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 002:00 Then ON

Email replace switch line with
    If Output HighH2O = ON Then ON

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Awesome thank you both

HighH2O
    Set OFF
    If SwitchName CLOSED Then ON
    If Output ReturnName = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 002:00 Then ON

@cdavmd, you may need to modify the duration of the Defer to be a bit longer than it takes for the water level in your sump to normalize. The 2 minutes in zombie’s example is probably good for most systems, but you can tailor timing that to best suit your system’s behavior.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I am trying to configure the same type of situation but with my normal FeedA. I currently have "If FeedA 005 Then OFF" in my email alarm programming, but that only prevents the alarm during the feed cycleA. As soon as that is over, I get an alarm text and email and then a second text and email saying the alarm is off. I have read multiple posts about the virtual outlet but I have not found enough beginner type instructions for me to figure it out. Also, my COR return pump goes to 1% during the FeedA cycle not completely to OFF so that is also making it difficult. Here is what I tried with a VO.
    Virtual Outlet Name = SumpHiAlm
    Set Off
    If SumpHI Closed Then On
    If Output COR_3_1 = OFF Then OFF
    If Output Skimmer_2_5 = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

The Cor_3_1 line does not work since my COR goes to 1%. When I try to change that line of code to 1 it does not accept it and gives me an error saying it expects an OFF or ON command. I also do not know what to put in the Email Alarm programming to recognize the VO.

Help would be appreciated.

Change the COR line to

If Output CORname speed < X Then OFF

Where X is below your lowest normal speed setting.

New User
    Ok, so here is what I got. I just want the email and text alarms to disable during feedA and enough after for the system to normalize.

My VO is SumpHiAlm

Set Off
    If SumpHi Closed then on
    If output cor_3_1 speed < 50 then off
    If output skimmer_2_5 = off then off
    Defer 005:00 then on

Does that look right? I think my SumpHi and my off and on’s are not correct. I get a feeling I’m disabling this in the wrong situation. During my feedA my COR is at 1 so could I change the Cor speed = 1 to make this more specific? I think the way it is if I have a power outage my alarms would disable.

Where do I recognize my VO SumpHiAlm, like I have it in my email alarm below?

Set off
    If error Cor_3_1 then on
    If error ATK then on
    If sumphi closed then on
    If outlet SumpHiAlm on then off

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRog View Post
    Ok, so here is what I got. I just want the email and text alarms to disable during feedA and enough after for the system to normalize.

My VO is SumpHiAlm

Set Off
    If SumpHi Closed then on
    If output cor_3_1 speed < 50 then off
    If output skimmer_2_5 = off then off
    Defer 005:00 then on

Does that look right? I think my SumpHi and my off and on’s are not correct. I get a feeling I’m disabling this in the wrong situation. During my feedA my COR is at 1 so could I change the Cor speed = 1 to make this more specific? I think the way it is if I have a power outage my alarms would disable.

Where do I recognize my VO SumpHiAlm, like I have it in my email alarm below?

Set off
    If error Cor_3_1 then on
    If error ATK then on
    If sumphi closed then on
    If outlet SumpHiAlm on then off
    The code for your VO is fine the way you show it. Your email code needs to be changed to this

Set off
    If error Cor_3_1 then on
    If error ATK then on
    If outlet SumpHiAlm = on then on

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The code for your VO is fine the way you show it. Your email code needs to be changed to this

Set off
    If error Cor_3_1 then on
    If error ATK then on
    If outlet SumpHiAlm = on then on

OK, now things got weird. SumpHi switch closed when I activated FeedA as you would expect.
    SumpHiAlm stayed Off
    Cor_3_1 went to 1% but here is the weird thing. After FeedA was over in 5 minutes (which is what my feed cycle is) it did not go back to 100% until 5 minutes after FeedA ended which had it shut down to 1% for 10 minutes instead of the normal 5.
    Skimmer_2_5 reacted accordingly. Since it is programmed off of the COR to turn off if COR is less than 50% it did shut off and it did come back on 5 minutes after COR went back to 100% as you would expect.

When SumpHi is switched closed without Feed A activated, I did get a push notification and email stating SumpHiAlm ON but the text message was 14 minutes after that. I did get another push and email stating SumpHiAlm OFF when the switch opened, but the text as another 7 minutes after the first one. I have never experienced that type of delay before.

Any idea why my COR pump is now not going back to 100% until 5 minutes after the FeedA cycle has ended.

On a side note, this VO is dependent on my return pump going to less than 50%. Which it could go to less than 50% in more instances than just when I activate FeedA. Could I create a VO that is primarily focused on FeedA or could I somehow change the line about percent < 50 to maybe percent = 1 and that would be way more specific? Here is my thought on hinging it directly off FeedA:

VO = SumpHiAlm
    Set OFF
    If FeedA 005 Then ON
    Defer 003:00 Then ON

Then in my email programming do this:

Set Off
    If SumpHi Closed Then On
    If Outlet SumpHiAlm = On Then Off
    If Error Cor_3_1 Then On
    If Error ATK Then On

Since I put them at the top, the two error's should still function? What do you think?

OK, now things got weird. SumpHi switch closed when I activated FeedA as you would expect.
    SumpHiAlm stayed Off
    Cor_3_1 went to 1% but here is the weird thing. After FeedA was over in 5 minutes (which is what my feed cycle is) it did not go back to 100% until 5 minutes after FeedA ended which had it shut down to 1% for 10 minutes instead of the normal 5.
    Skimmer_2_5 reacted accordingly. Since it is programmed off of the COR to turn off if COR is less than 50% it did shut off and it did come back on 5 minutes after COR went back to 100% as you would expect.

When SumpHi is switched closed without Feed A activated, I did get a push notification and email stating SumpHiAlm ON but the text message was 14 minutes after that. I did get another push and email stating SumpHiAlm OFF when the switch opened, but the text as another 7 minutes after the first one. I have never experienced that type of delay before.

Any idea why my COR pump is now not going back to 100% until 5 minutes after the FeedA cycle has ended.

On a side note, this VO is dependent on my return pump going to less than 50%. Which it could go to less than 50% in more instances than just when I activate FeedA. Could I create a VO that is primarily focused on FeedA or could I somehow change the line about percent < 50 to maybe percent = 1 and that would be way more specific? Here is my thought on hinging it directly off FeedA:

VO = SumpHiAlm
    Set OFF
    If FeedA 005 Then ON
    Defer 003:00 Then ON

Then in my email programming do this:

Set Off
    If SumpHi Closed Then On
    If Outlet SumpHiAlm = On Then Off
    If Error Cor_3_1 Then On
    If Error ATK Then On

Since I put them at the top, the two error's should still function? What do you think?
    The code was right before. If your return stayed off longer than expected, the problem is in the COR code, not the VO

New User
    The code was right before. If your return stayed off longer than expected, the problem is in the COR code, not the VO

You would think, but I have not touched my COR code. The only thing I did was create the VO exactly like written and input the line into my email alarm code. It is odd though that the VO code i created has a defer 5 minutes line and that is the extra amount of time before the pump kicks back to 100%. Here is my COR code just for reference.

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 005 Then 1

This is the same code before i started the VO as I said, and it was shut down to 1 % when I activated Feed A and then after the five minutes of Feed A it was back to 100%. Now it is 1% for the 5 minutes of Feed A and then 1% for an additional 5 minutes after.

You would think, but I have not touched my COR code. The only thing I did was create the VO exactly like written and input the line into my email alarm code. It is odd though that the VO code i created has a defer 5 minutes line and that is the extra amount of time before the pump kicks back to 100%. Here is my COR code just for reference.

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 005 Then 1

This is the same code before i started the VO as I said, and it was shut down to 1 % when I activated Feed A and then after the five minutes of Feed A it was back to 100%. Now it is 1% for the 5 minutes of Feed A and then 1% for an additional 5 minutes after.
    The problem is with your COR code. You should be using

If FeedA 000 Then 1

The number in the feed statement indicates how long to stay true after the the feed mode ends.

New User
    The problem is with your COR code. You should be using

If FeedA 000 Then 1

The number in the feed statement indicates how long to stay true after the the feed mode ends.

OK I will change that and try again. That is what it has been for months and hasn’t delayed another 5 minutes.

What do you think about my other programming idea to get this VO off of looking at the pump and more on looking at FeedA situation only?

I really appreciate all of your help with this.

OK I will change that and try again. That is what it has been for months and hasn’t delayed another 5 minutes.

What do you think about my other programming idea to get this VO off of looking at the pump and more on looking at FeedA situation only?

I really appreciate all of your help with this.
    Basing it on the pump is better. The feed statement only suppresses with your current setup. As your programming evolves, you may add other things that modify the COR. Keeping the suppression related to the pump prevents you from having to update things in multiple places.