Thread: Apex classic drops wifi often then disconnected

New User

Apex classic drops wifi often then disconnected

Well to best me up to much here, I hate to have this be my first post here. I joined looking for some help after an exhausting day trying to figure out my issue. Thankfully there is a forum for that!

Well I got my Apex classic set up and running well, atleast it started out that way. I hardwired it through the set up process and update. I have a 2 story home and it's not possible to add a hard wire to my tank that sits 15ft away due to the layout of the room. Off of some recommendations I went with an iogear router for the Apex. I get full bars inside my cabinet. I even had my son test it upstairs in his room running fortnite on his Xbox. Never had lag or any issues. So I went with the router.

It started out working great with the occasional "couldn't upload" a new setting. But a quick tap on okay again and it would send fine. 2 days of trouble free. Then I would get the occasional can't connect to fusion. Eventually it would load up okay. Now it's happening more. And today is wouldn't reconnect no matter what I did. So I emailed CS. After 6 hours of very slow emails back and forth being told to check connections etc (which I understand) I was told every email that my router bridge was no good. That I had to install a hard wire. I went through all the steps requested then replied that I had done all of them and was told to run a wire. So I went to Walmart and bought a temporary 20ft wire. Now fusion was back up. I was told that I needed a hard wire again. I explained that the router does work, my son was actually again playing fortnite with it while I had the temporary hard line connected. After 2 more emails I no longer got responses. So I brought the router back down and connected it since the hard line was working. Poof, now it's working.

What is causing the dropped connection then not allowing it to reconnect? My connection is now stable but what happens if I lose it again. I have added equipment and such so maybe that's caused it? I know a hard line is the easy for sure way for it to work but I bought it on the fact that it is wifi capable and I'm only 15 feet from a very good router with full signal strength. My internet is gigabit and is consistently 130mbs because the hub is right across the road from my house. I've never had internet issues and this Apex router works flawlessly on other gaming gear.

If there is a setting that is causing it or something I need to change I'm all ears. I really want to like the Apex but the frustration is getting to me a bit. Hey, its a cool unneeded item that is fun to show when I'm out and about..... Lol. The envy is great. I need it working for some mojo. Actually I just need it running for when I'm away.

Possibly channel interference. Download a wifi channel analyzer app such as "wifi analyzer" and verify that your routers auto channel selection isn't being dumb. I had issues like that once when my Nighthawk router decided that it was a great idea to put me on channel 2 (channels should only ever be 1, 6, or 11) when 1 and 6 were the most congested. This also effected the resolution on Netflix running from my old PS3 upstairs but had no effect on gaming. Once I manually changed it to 11, connection issues stopped and Netflix resolution went back up to 1080p consistently.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Great info! I'll see if that is the issue when I get a chance later. Neptune CS did send me an email and will be going through the system with me today. This CS rep was far better and seem to be willing to help.