Thread: Programming for a one day a week water change.

Regular Vistor

Programming for a one day a week water change.

Hi, I’d like some help programming the top up of water using Tunze water level controller 5017. I’ve worked out to top up in 9min parts but my issue is how do I program to do this only on a Sunday but to still have the Tunze doing its normal thing every other day?

E.g. code for timings. (Effectively turning the power point on and off and the Tunze only stays on for 10mins as default).
    If Time is 13:00 to 13:01 then OFF
    If Time is 13:10 to 13:11 then OFF
    If Time is 13:20 to 13:21 then OFF

I need to do this 20 times to fill up my tank for a water change so my question is how do I get it to only happen on a Sunday?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Nick.

Frequent Visitor
    Just add

IF DOW -MTWTFS Then OFF

At the end.

That will turn it back off every day except Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor

Water change

Hi I would like to refill my tank using the tunze 3150 top up pump. This pump shuts off after 10 minutes of pumping. So I would like to program it to run 20 x for 9 minutes on a Sunday. In order to replace the 100 odd litres I drained for a water change. Please help 🤓

Do you have a float switch or optical sensor connected to the apex to get the level correct?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Please do not start a duplicate thread about a question or issue which you had previously started a thread about. That is called cross-posting and is generally frowned upon. I have merged your two threads about the same thing.

The first response you got here did not account for you wanting the Osmolator to operate normally Mon-Sat.

This will do what you described:

Fallback ON
    OSC 0:00/9:00/1:00 Then ON
    If Time 16:20 to 12:59 Then OFF
    If DoW -MTWTFS Then ON

• The OSC will try to turn on the outlet for the Tunze for 9 of every 10 minutes.
    • The If Time statement prevents that from happening except during period the If Time statement is not true... from 13:00 to 16:19. That period is 3hrs 20 mins (200 minutes) long. So the OSC will be allowed to operate 20 times, giving you your desired twenty 9-minute-long ON periods.
    • The last line (If DoW -MTWTFS Then ON) overrides the OSC and If Time programming and simply causes the outlet to be on all day/every day except Sunday. Because this line is not true on Sundays, it allows the OSC/If Time programming to be operative on Sundays.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    7A33CA20-D01C-42B1-A82B-4581C94AAF13.jpegHi this is what I’ve done but the osmolater is constantly turning on & off every 9 minutes not within the time frame specified. Please help

At 8:58am, it is not within the specified timeframe to be off. It’s doing just what you programmed it to do.

The If Time statement should cover the times you do not want the Osmolator running on the day of the water change.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for your previous help it worked. Now my problem is that the daily water change on Sunday the smaller ones aren’t working because osmolater is off. I would like to the smaller make the daily water change stop on the Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regular Vistor
    Russ can you advise how I could can my daily water change on the Sunday? I want to keep the big water change on Sunday though.

Quote Originally Posted by tuna01 View Post
    Russ can you advise how I could can my daily water change on the Sunday? I want to keep the big water change on Sunday though.
    Please explain what you want to happen more clearly. Your question makes absolutely no sense.

Regular Vistor
    I posted how my my waste water solenoid is programmed above. I have two small water changes every day but on Sunday I have bigger one that the osmolater is off for the day but programmed to turn & off until it tops up the tank. At the moment when it does the other two small water changes on Sunday the osmolater is turned off & cant top up. I would like it to either stop the two small water changes or or program the osmolater to top up then too on Sunday evening what ever is easiest. The problem at the moment is on Monday when ken it comes back on it can’t fill the tank in 10 minutes & turns off.

I posted how my my waste water solenoid is programmed above. I have two small water changes every day but on Sunday I have bigger one that the osmolater is off for the day but programmed to turn & off until it tops up the tank. At the moment when it does the other two small water changes on Sunday the osmolater is turned off & cant top up. I would like it to either stop the two small water changes or or program the osmolater to top up then too on Sunday evening what ever is easiest. The problem at the moment is on Monday when ken it comes back on it can’t fill the tank in 10 minutes & turns off.
    You need to create a VO to pull that off

SundayChange
    If DoW -MTWTFS Then OFF

Tunze
    Fallback ON
    Set OFF
    If Output SundayChange = ON Then ON
    If Time 16:20 to 12:59 Then ON
    If DOW -MTWTFS Then ON

Regular Vistor
    Hi thanks for your response but I’m still confused as what to do sorry

NSI Member
    He's saying that you have to create a virtual outlet (VO), He named it "SundayChange". After creating it put the code:
    If DoW -MTWTFS Then OFF

Then on your Tunze outlet put:
    Fallback ON
    Set OFF
    If Output SundayChange = ON Then ON
    If Time 16:20 to 12:59 Then ON
    If DOW -MTWTFS Then ON

He added the "
    If Output SundayChange = ON Then ON" to point to that virtual outlet when it's on. Basically, instead of having your tunze off all day sunday, it is only off for the 200 minutes to do the 9 minute top ups.

Regular Vistor
    Ahh ok, thank you for the explanation. Appreciate it thanks Zombie too

Ahh ok, thank you for the explanation. Appreciate it thanks Zombie too
    After re-evaluating what I said before, I was overthinking this and you actually don't need a virtual outlet. Just take the code you had before that Russ gave you and change the if time statement from Then OFF to Then ON.