Thread: Alexa problem

Regular Vistor

Alexa problem

Hello fellow Apex users! I went through the Alexa setup first enabling the skill in the OS Alexa app then went through the setup in Fusion setting up the status with the inputs that I wanted then setup around seven outlets with there alias names. It worked the first time with no hitches. Next day I asked Alexa to tell apex fusion to turn on T5 lights and the unit took me through the whole enabling process again. Every time I ask Alexa to do anything to fusion Alexa ask me, do you want to enable apex fusion? Then gives me a spell about what it can do! I don’t want to listen to this every time I want to turn something on or off! Just do what I said and shut Up! If this is the normal process I don’t need it. I don’t have to go through this to turn house light on and off.

The developers at Neptune Systems are aware of this, and are working to find out why this sometimes happens.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by roberts reef View Post
    If this is the normal process I don’t need it.
    I can assure you that this is not part of the normal process. Account linking should only be a one-time thing.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The developers at Neptune Systems are aware of this, and are working to find out why this sometimes happens.
    I tried a few things, disabling Fusion in the Alexa app then later re-enabling, re-linking the echo dots. Sometimes it works right but most times it doesn’t. Would be a nice feature if it worked.
    Thanks for the response!

I tried a few things, disabling Fusion in the Alexa app then later re-enabling, re-linking the echo dots. Sometimes it works right but most times it doesn’t. Would be a nice feature if it worked.
    Thanks for the response!
    Try re-linking your Alexa account to Apex Fusion one more time and then report back here if you become un-linked at any point again in the future.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Try re-linking your Alexa account to Apex Fusion one more time and then report back here if you become un-linked at any point again in the future.
    Done, will let you know.
    Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Hello fellow Apex users! I went through the Alexa setup first enabling the skill in the OS Alexa app then went through the setup in Fusion setting up the status with the inputs that I wanted then setup around seven outlets with there alias names. It worked the first time with no hitches. Next day I asked Alexa to tell apex fusion to turn on T5 lights and the unit took me through the whole enabling process again. Every time I ask Alexa to do anything to fusion Alexa ask me, do you want to enable apex fusion? Then gives me a spell about what it can do! I don’t want to listen to this every time I want to turn something on or off! Just do what I said and shut Up! If this is the normal process I don’t need it. I don’t have to go through this to turn house light on and off.
    Something similar is happening to me as well about 50% of the time. I created a “feed my fish” alias that slows the return pump, stops the skimmer and ato. Half the time Alexa said “starting feed the fish” the other half of the time she says “ you have apex fusion enabled, do you want to open it?” If I ask one or two more times, it usually works but it is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ajg1960 View Post
    Half the time Alexa said “starting feed the fish” the other half of the time she says “ you have apex fusion enabled, do you want to open it?”
    When this happens, it's Alexa (or your Echo device) not being able to clearly hear your full command. It was able to hear "Apex Fusion" but couldn't make sense of the rest of the command. Some of the devices have better recognition than others. Have you done voice training in the Alexa app settings?

Frequent Visitor
    When this happens, it's Alexa (or your Echo device) not being able to clearly hear your full command. It was able to hear "Apex Fusion" but couldn't make sense of the rest of the command. Some of the devices have better recognition than others. Have you done voice training in the Alexa app settings?
    yes, I’ve had this particular Echo for several years, and it doesn’t typically mishear or have trouble hearing or understanding what I ask when it’s not related to the Apex. I have 2 other dots so I will try it with them and report back.

Regular Vistor
    I relinked apex fusion to Alexa. I actually think it’s worse. Alexa still wants to enable apex fusion and tell me what I can do. This time Alexa is associating apex fusion with some kind of movie thing. Very frustrating and not worth the argivation.
    It’s not a voice reginotion thing, it I understands I want apex fusion. We

Regular Vistor
    yes, I’ve had this particular Echo for several years, and it doesn’t typically mishear or have trouble hearing or understanding what I ask when it’s not related to the Apex. I have 2 other dots so I will try it with them and report back.
    This is very similar to my problem, I rarely have any problems with commands with my Dots but Alexa doesn’t understand the commands I have set in alias’s in Fusion.

I relinked apex fusion to Alexa. I actually think it’s worse. Alexa still wants to enable apex fusion and tell me what I can do.
    Are you getting this response?
    "You have Apex Fusion enabled, do you want to open it?"

If so, it would help tremendously if you could provide a short recording (audio preferred, but a video uploaded to YouTube is often the easiest) of your commands where Alexa fails to understand your intent. We need to contact Amazon about this issue and they've been really helpful when we provide recorded examples of Alexa failing to understand people correctly.

I have the same request: if you're having troubles with Alexa understanding you, record the interaction and share it with me so I can give the feedback to Amazon's support team.

Regular Vistor
    Are you getting this response?
    "You have Apex Fusion enabled, do you want to open it?"

If so, it would help tremendously if you could provide a short recording (audio preferred, but a video uploaded to YouTube is often the easiest) of your commands where Alexa fails to understand your intent. We need to contact Amazon about this issue and they've been really helpful when we provide recorded examples of Alexa failing to understand people correctly.
    Yes, that is what’s being said! Usually. I do have a brief video. To give a quick setup of the video. I have around 7 outputs labeled with alias’s, one of them is called Waver one. It controls my Rossmont powerheads. Another one is called Waver two, that one controls the other set of pumps. In the video I am trying to turn the poerheads off to feed my fish. The video is here https://youtu.be/CDDtas5JHX8

Yes, that is what’s being said! Usually. I do have a brief video. To give a quick setup of the video. I have around 7 outputs labeled with alias’s, one of them is called Waver one. It controls my Rossmont powerheads. Another one is called Waver two, that one controls the other set of pumps. In the video I am trying to turn the poerheads off to feed my fish. The video is here https://youtu.be/CDDtas5JHX8
    That video is perfect. I'm forwarding it to the Amazon team to see if they have any ideas what's going on. Thank you and sorry for the headache. Hopefully we can get it sorted out quickly.

New User
    Does anyone know why when you ask apex fusion to turn the vortech pumps through Alexa it goes to 100% in stead of its programming?
    Last edited by niknak; 11-03-2018 at 19:50. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Does anyone know why when you ask apex fusion to turn the vortech pumps through Alexa it goes to 100% in stead of its programming?
    What is the exact verbal command you are giving?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Alexa, ask apex fusion to turn left pump on.

It won’t allow me to ask to turn left pump to auto, which should take it to the programmed settings.

Frequent Visitor
    So by asking it to turn ON, that is telling Apex to turn it onto 100%.

You should be able to ask Alexa to restart the outlet and that will toggle it to ON, then AUTO. But I am sure I have asked Alexa to set the outlet to AUTO

When you tell Alexa to turn an output ON (or OFF), it does just that - the outlet tile slider on the APEX Fusion dashboard will be set to the (manual) ON (or OFF) position. You can tell Alexa to put an output in AUTO. Here are examples:

Alexa, ask Apex Fusion to set the reactor to auto.
    Alexa, tell Apex Fusion to switch the sump light to automatic.
    Alexa, ask Apex Fusion to turn the T5 lights to auto.

You can also use the 'restart' action to put an outlet back into AUTO... see the Help (Alexa topic) on the Voice page in APEX Fusion for more about using this one.

New User
    Thank you for the quick response,I’ll give that go this evening.