Thread: Alarms Upgrades

18yrs 300 DD

Alarms Upgrades

I'm great at beta testing usability but I know essential zero actual programming and try to keep it that way so forgive the possible naivete on my part.

Alarms are so critical and such an important item in these systems. In the past year it's saved me from leaks, faulty heater, and tipped me off to issues with my kalk dosing.

What would be incredibly helpful (if it doesn't already exist) is the ability to easily define how frequently a particular alarm sounds, when, and have it be specific to the particular item. Simple adjustments without me setting up a series of virtual outlets or redundant code to trick the system.

Ex:
    Leak - set for every min for the love of God wake up kinda thing. Possibly even set how long that should continue for even.
    Temp - lower then the first heater should be but a second heater should catch it and it hasn't dropped below the second heaters parameters. Notify anytime during such and such hours, send a periodic notification but make sure to retroactively sound the alarm if it happens during a do not disturb time.
    Skimmer is full - just once and if it's during the night tell me at 7am instead.
    Text coding - continue to improve the clarity of the texts that arrive. Most are simple enough.
    Alarm in the system - allow a person to clear the notification so I know if a new one happens.

The other usability 'shortcuts' have been very helpful so hopefully this is possible under the current structure.

Thanks, no response needed unless this already exists and thanks for having a system that saved my tail.

Leak can be done like this. This sends an alert every 5 minutes

TankLeak
    OSC 000:00/004:00/001:00 Then ON
    If Leak1 OPEN Then OFF
    If Leak2 OPEN Then OFF

Email
    (Other alarms)
    If Output TankLeak = ON Then ON

Suppressing alarms to only specific times can be done like this. This assumes low priority alarms are suppressed at work hours and night. Medium priority suppressed at night only. High priority never supressed.

(Low priority alarms)
    If Time 23:00 to 06:59 Then OFF
    (Medium priority)
    If Time 08:00 to 17:00 Then OFF
    (High priority)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk